NFL News & Notes

Leader

This guy just cant keep his mouth shut...............

NY Post - The Cowboys owner said Tuesday he believes Garrett “will be coaching in the NFL next year.” He just isn’t ready to say yet whether it will be in Dallas. “Nobody has the exclusive skills to get the job done so that collectively you can win a Super Bowl,” Jones said in Dallas. “But there are qualified people. Jason Garrett is one of them. In my opinion, Jason Garrett will be coaching in the NFL next year.”

/////////////////

Either do it - or shut up. He's not helping the team IMO.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Why couldn’t the Panthers fire Rivera the week before the Panthers play the Seahawks to give the Seahawks that unknown coach.

I think the Panthers are pretty much dead in the water.......
Dont know that....but it sure feels that way.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

I think the Panthers are pretty much dead in the water.......
Dont know that....but it sure feels that way.

Eh, it was 31-34 in their loss to the Saints.  They’re a tough team when inspired and confident.  They could definitely play spoiler on the year.  

1 hour ago, Leader said:

This guy just cant keep his mouth shut...............

NY Post - The Cowboys owner said Tuesday he believes Garrett “will be coaching in the NFL next year.” He just isn’t ready to say yet whether it will be in Dallas. “Nobody has the exclusive skills to get the job done so that collectively you can win a Super Bowl,” Jones said in Dallas. “But there are qualified people. Jason Garrett is one of them. In my opinion, Jason Garrett will be coaching in the NFL next year.”

/////////////////

Either do it - or shut up. He's not helping the team IMO.

Yeah this is some poor ownership, they haven't played worth a crap since he started talking. They played decent in that NE game and had it not been for some garbage tripping calls could have mounted a drive for a score. Still ifs though, JJ needs to zip it or pull the trigger already. Mac in Texas would be awesome.

18 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Yeah this is some poor ownership, they haven't played worth a crap since he started talking. They played decent in that NE game and had it not been for some garbage tripping calls could have mounted a drive for a score. Still ifs though, JJ needs to zip it or pull the trigger already. Mac in Texas would be awesome.

word is they want Chris Peterson. which would be a disaster 

3 minutes ago, gopackgo247 said:

word is they want Chris Peterson. which would be a disaster 

They need another Jimmy Johnson type that can handle JJ. Much easier said then done though. Mac would get eaten alive there unless he has learned from his lazy ways.

If I was the Chiefs I would draft a QB in the first round the year before Mahomes’ final year and then if I thought he was even Matt Stafford level I would trade Mahomes a week before the trade deadline.  How would that not make a dynasty?  You’d get like 5 first round picks and an extra 30 million in cap space.

Mark my words, man and Pugger.  Some team is gonna be smart enough to do this and it won’t be long after it happens before the NFL goes without a salary cap because they won’t want NFL teams to see how overrated the money position (for the NFL) is.  In an uncapped league, QB becomes most valuable position again.

@Packerraymond, I’ve solved it.  It’s so obvious I can’t believe I hadn’t thought of it before.  You just draft your QB the year before.  If that one’s a bust, you still trade the QB, but at least this way you’ve got one shot at a ready replacement.  

Edited by Outpost31

“We’ve got a head coach who we know for 10 years has been saying, ‘We’re focused on Tuesday. Today. That’s all we’re worried about is having the best practice today that we can possibly have.’ And that’s been his messaging throughout, and the owner’s talking about getting on a run to win the Super Bowl. You’ve got a head coach who comes down and says we’re going to evaluate the kicker, and then the front office says right after that – probably in a press conference right outside the locker room – that they weren’t evaluating the kicker. All those things have an impact, and it slowly trickles down. So, I think there are a lot of factors that have played into this – coaching, obviously hasn’t been great at times in certain situations, players haven’t played great, but the front office hasn’t been great in allowing the head coach to do his job, either.”

Troy Aikman

/////////////////////////////

Microphone / camera hound Jerry needs to shut up. He's never been able to do it...but he should give it a try.

12 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

If I was the Chiefs I would draft a QB in the first round the year before Mahomes’ final year and then if I thought he was even Matt Stafford level I would trade Mahomes a week before the trade deadline.  How would that not make a dynasty?  You’d get like 5 first round picks and an extra 30 million in cap space.

Mark my words, man and Pugger.  Some team is gonna be smart enough to do this and it won’t be long after it happens before the NFL goes without a salary cap because they won’t want NFL teams to see how overrated the money position (for the NFL) is.  In an uncapped league, QB becomes most valuable position again.

@Packerraymond, I’ve solved it.  It’s so obvious I can’t believe I hadn’t thought of it before.  You just draft your QB the year before.  If that one’s a bust, you still trade the QB, but at least this way you’ve got one shot at a ready replacement.  

Do you think Stafford level QBs get drafted at the end of the first?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Leader said:

The first domino falls...........

Ian Rapoport -  The Panthers have fired coach Ron Rivera.

• Tom Pelissero -  The end of the Ron Rivera era in Carolina after this season had been considered a virtual certainty for some time in league circles. It arrives early, with the team on a four-game losing streak with four to play.

Riverboat Ron, our Defensive Coordinator next year.

1 hour ago, deathstar said:

Do you think Stafford level QBs get drafted at the end of the first?

Lamar Jacksons, Russell Wilsons and Aaron Rodgers do. So sure, why not. Very likely a Stafford like QB falls to the late first in the 2020 draft as well. Its becoming the  norm and not the exception. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Lamar Jacksons, Russell Wilsons and Aaron Rodgers do. So sure, why not. Very likely a Stafford like QB falls to the late first in the 2020 draft as well. Its becoming the  norm and not the exception. 

And Trubisky's go #2 after a trade up.

It's a crap shoot.

And it would be interesting to see someone do that.

54 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Now name all the later drafted QBs over the past 15 years that didn't pan out instead of 3 that did. Still the norm?

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1