NFL News & Notes

Leader

"Browns safety Damarious Randall scoffed at a rumors -- uttered on local radio and TV this week -- that he didn’t want to practice in the cold one day last week and that’s why he was benched for Sunday’s 20-13 loss to the Steelers."

"Randall, whose contract is up after this season and now looks like a lock to be gone, admitted he was surprised to be benched."

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/12/damarious-randall-scoffs-at-report-he-didnt-want-to-practice-in-the-cold-i-played-in-green-bay-yall-are-crazy.html

7 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

"Browns safety Damarious Randall scoffed at a rumors -- uttered on local radio and TV this week -- that he didn’t want to practice in the cold one day last week and that’s why he was benched for Sunday’s 20-13 loss to the Steelers."

"Randall, whose contract is up after this season and now looks like a lock to be gone, admitted he was surprised to be benched."

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/12/damarious-randall-scoffs-at-report-he-didnt-want-to-practice-in-the-cold-i-played-in-green-bay-yall-are-crazy.html

He's quitting on the Browns just like he did the Packers @Outpost31.

7 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Lol what a wuss. 

55 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He's quitting on the Browns just like he did the Packers @Outpost31.

I promised I’d never bring him up again, but since you did... It’s not that we traded him, it’s that we got D ****ing Kizer for him.  Shelton was later traded for a 3rd.  How ****ing good does Danny ****ing Shelton look on our roster right now instead of moving up in the fourth and fifth and D. ****ing Kizer?

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I promised I’d never bring him up again, but since you did... It’s not that we traded him, it’s that we got D ****ing Kizer for him.  Shelton was later traded for a 3rd.  How ****ing good does Danny ****ing Shelton look on our roster right now instead of moving up in the fourth and fifth and D. ****ing Kizer?

He got promoted to Raiders #2 this week. Beating out vets like Mike Glennon now. Carr is next. 

Saw someone posted on the general board the PFF rankings through 12 games, including the "EDGE DEFENDER."

Top 7:
1. T.J. Watt 91.0
2. Calais Campbell 90.7
3. Khalil Mack 89.9
4. Jadeveon Clowney 89.7
5. J.J. Watt 89.6
6. Brandon Graham 88.7
7. Demarcus Lawrence 87.7

Was surprised to see PFF rated Preston so low (67.9) while Z is rated quite highly at 86.1.

(Also surprised that J.J. Watt is considered an "Edge" but that is another issue).

Panthers are giving LB Shaq Thompson a four-year, $54.2 extension with a max value of $57 million that includes $28 million guaranteed and a $16 million signing bonus, Wasserman’s @DHendrickson41 tells ESPN. Vaults him into elite ILB pay territory.

This Shaq Thompson extension may offer some guidance on what Martinez' future deal could be. If so, bye bye Blakey...

Carolina fans seem to be mostly hating this deal. Around 14M per year. 

And no, Shaq Thompson isn't a good coverage LB. Has one INT, 12 PDs and 9.5 sacks over his five seasons. Martinez has two INTs, 15PDs, 9 sacks over four seasons.

5 minutes ago, salmar80 said:

This Shaq Thompson extension may offer some guidance on what Martinez' future deal could be. If so, bye bye Blakey...

Carolina fans seem to be mostly hating this deal. Around 14M per year. 

And no, Shaq Thompson isn't a good coverage LB. Has one INT, 12 PDs and 9.5 sacks over his five seasons. Martinez has two INTs, 15PDs, 9 sacks over four seasons.

Again, INTs and PDs are not an indicator for how good you are in coverage.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

5 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Again, INTs and PDs are not an indicator for how good you are in coverage.

OK. You can add the proper indicator ones if the ones I give below don't please you.

Shaq's passer rating when targeted was 91.9 in 2018 and 93.3 this season. Allowed completion percentages of 72.9% in 2018 and 70.3% in 2019, and yards per attempt of 5.3 in 2018 and 5.7 in 2019.

Looking at Carolina forums, Panther fans do not seem to think he's a good coverage LB, nor an impact LB overall. The comments resemble the ones Blake gets here A LOT. 

57 minutes ago, salmar80 said:

OK. You can add the proper indicator ones if the ones I give below don't please you.

Shaq's passer rating when targeted was 91.9 in 2018 and 93.3 this season. Allowed completion percentages of 72.9% in 2018 and 70.3% in 2019, and yards per attempt of 5.3 in 2018 and 5.7 in 2019.

Looking at Carolina forums, Panther fans do not seem to think he's a good coverage LB, nor an impact LB overall. The comments resemble the ones Blake gets here A LOT. 

I was just saying INTs and PDs are not the end all be all. But ya those are better numbers to go off of.