NFL News & Notes

Leader

36 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It's ALMOST like Mike McCarthy wasn't the issue everybody said he was and that Rodgers needs to start playing his coach's offense, not his offense. 

I think it is/was a combination of the coaching, scheme, Rodgers and a lack of talent at the WR/TE positions. Man I had high hopes for MVS, EQSB and even more. Hopefully we see EQ come back with a vengeance. 

2 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

I think it is/was a combination of the coaching, scheme, Rodgers and a lack of talent at the WR/TE positions. Man I had high hopes for MVS, EQSB and even more. Hopefully we see EQ come back with a vengeance. 

I doubt it.  If I had to guess, EQ got IRed that way for a reason that had nothing to do with injury.  You don’t shut him down like that if you have the faith we on this site do.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Must have trailed off since Week 1 because he was their best player on the field that night. 

Substitue Oren Burks for Smith that night and he would have been the best player on the defense that night.

Their front 4 was relentless.  Smith had free run to do whatever he pleased.  

And that's how that defense goes.  So good up front that any ILB is going to look good.

Not saying Roquan isn't a fine athlete, because he is, but that front makes them all look good.

If Roquan were in GB we'd all be talking about how his RAS score isn't translating to on the field play.

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Kwiat has been playing for Trevathan. However, Pierre-Louis (their No. 4) stepped in for Smith against Dallas and still looked quite a bit better than any ILB on our team. 

Ah, yeah you're right. I forgot about Trevathan going down. Either way, guys a solid player. I'd take him over Martinez, anyway. B|

*I was kind of trolling with my last comment, but then I realized Kwiat is going to be a FA after this year, and I would take him over BM considering the contract he might get.

Edited by ReadyToThump

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I doubt it.  If I had to guess, EQ got IRed that way for a reason that had nothing to do with injury.  You don’t shut him down like that if you have the faith we on this site do.  

I guess I don't know the exact situation as to why he was IR'd (other than his ankle injury obviously) but I would much rather see EQ out there getting some of those reps over GMO and Kum.