NFL News & Notes

Leader

For anybody else as hungry for NFL news as I am:

February 20th - First day teams can start applying franchise tags. 

February 27th - Scouting Combine begins.

March 6 - Franchise tag deadline.

March 12th - Legal tampering period begins.

March 14th - Free agency officially begins at 4:00 PM.

April 26th - NFL Draft

April 29th to September - Absolute hell. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

For anybody else as hungry for NFL news as I am:

February 20th - First day teams can start applying franchise tags. 

February 27th - Scouting Combine begins.

March 6 - Franchise tag deadline.

March 12th - Legal tampering period begins.

March 14th - Free agency officially begins at 4:00 PM.

April 26th - NFL Draft

April 29th to September - Absolute hell. 

Do you think OTAs, mini and training camps can't help fill in the void between April 29th and September?

Edited by Pugger

Personally, from the SB to the draft is probably the most boring period for me. There's hardly any news and I'm not into college football - I've tried watching a couple of times and it feels kinda amateurish to me, no offense to anyone - so it drags forever. It gets more exciting with the draft and soon after we have OTAs and other activities which kinda help kill time until August at least. A lot of it is the generic "year 2 player has taken a giant step" and "veteran player is in better shape than ever" but it's something.

For me, its not so much that its "late" and alot of the HC talent's already been taken off the board.....I mean, its not as if coaches from SB teams havent moved on afterwards - but McDaniels was apparently integrally involved in hiring a support staff - and who knows how many other discussions/topics he'd talked about with Indy while under contract with NE.

Ultimately, Indy couldnt get him on the dotted line and it was all verbal but its a character thing for me and if McDaniels felt queasy or uncommitted  about moving on he should have had that sit down conversation with Kraft much earlier than he did. 

Unless - and this is a possibility - he and Kraft did have that conversation and Kraft decided to screw Indy as payback for Tom's deflated balls.

• Like 2

Just now, ArthurPensky said:

How would training camp/ preseason bore someone who is so into the draft? You get to read/see the development of all the rookies, free agents, and young players. I love it.

I don't trust it.  James Jones was Jerry Rice.  Josh Jones was Nick Collins.  Praise is always blown out of proportion and doesn't really mean anything. 

• Like 1

Can you say "hung to to dry" and "bad faith?"

Makes sense though. This agent might have to deal with Ballard about hiring players and/or other executives. Better to cut one guy lose (a chump IMO) than kill off possible deals with an entire organization.

Edited by Leader