NFL News & Notes

Leader

40 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

So Belichick can't lie on injury reports anymore?

Thats an interesting angle. Not sure how that works. The league's always had injury report procedures in place and coaches/teams have always tried to push the envelope on how forthcoming they would be.....

But now.....if the league is gonna take in a % of this gambling profit - how are they indemnified against gambling losses suffered by a misleading / inaccurate injury report?  Is it something just built into the agreements that a gambler cant sue for such a thing?

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Thats an interesting angle. Not sure how that works. The league's always had injury report procedures in place and coaches/teams have always tried to push the envelope on how forthcoming they would be.....

But now.....if the league is gonna take in a % of this gambling profit - how are they indemnified against gambling losses suffered by a misleading / inaccurate injury report?  Is it something just built into the agreements that a gambler cant sue for such a thing?

Probably. I wasn't being completely serious TBH, but when I saw that reliable league data part, all I could think of was the injury report.

38 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Probably. I wasn't being completely serious TBH, but when I saw that reliable league data part, all I could think of was the injury report.

There's gotta be some kind of liability coverage on that....doesnt there? Some heavy hitter gambler could actually sue the league or some HC if he loses a bundle because of a misleading injury report? You gotta think this gambling system is gonna have protections built in that limits the league's / HC's exposure. 

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

There's gotta be some kind of liability coverage on that....doesnt there? Some heavy hitter gambler could actually sue the league or some HC if he loses a bundle because of a misleading injury report? You gotta think this gambling system is gonna have protections built in that limits the league's / HC's exposure. 

Might have to bring back Healthy/Probable/Questionable/Doubtful/Out

Tell coaches they sure as hell better be +/-5% of the distinctions. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Might have to bring back Healthy/Probable/Questionable/Doubtful/Out

Tell coaches they sure as hell better be +/-5% of the distinctions. 

You'd probably just see a ton of questionables, right? Martellus COULD'VE played, but he thought the best move would be to sit himself down or retire? How does a coach list one thing when the dr/patient disagree? I'm not sure there'd be grounds for a suit unless a player listed as out played.

3 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

You'd probably just see a ton of questionables, right? Martellus COULD'VE played, but he thought the best move would be to sit himself down or retire? How does a coach list one thing when the dr/patient disagree? I'm not sure there'd be grounds for a suit unless a player listed as out played.

If someone who is listed as questionable plays all 16 games, they were never questionable and it was an improper listing.

it was supposed to be:

Healthy: 100% chance to play

Probably: 75%

Questionable: 50%

Doubtful: 25%

Out: 0%

Coaches are going to have to sit down with players and docs on Friday to get a good read on these things. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If someone who is listed as questionable plays all 16 games, they were never questionable and it was an improper listing.

it was supposed to be:

Healthy: 100% chance to play

Probably: 75%

Questionable: 50%

Doubtful: 25%

Out: 0%

Coaches are going to have to sit down with players and docs on Friday to get a good read on these things. 

Its never going to be a good process.  Players can improve late in the week and decline on game day.  Holding anyone to a standard that is unpredictable as injury/pain issues are is impossible.  You can argue in retrospect that the listing was improper, but at the time the listing is made...without knowledge of how the future will play out....it will have been the correct listing based on the multiple factors available at that time.

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

I'm not sure there'd be grounds for a suit unless a player listed as out played.

I agree.  I mean - there's gotta be some "out" in this proposed system. No way the league or an individual team/coach is going to allow themselves to be open to liability / lawsuits over betting.  I just dont know what that "out" is.

Besides - how's the gambler who lost gonna prove: "I put 200K down on the Vikings because AR (supposedly) wasnt going to play - and lost my cash cause he played" That seems like a tough nut to prove in a court of law.

The only different wrinkle than whats been going on for years is the league/team is gonna make money off the betting. Besides that - nothings gonna be different than years gone by and I've never heard of such a lawsuit......so its probably much ado about nothing.

Edited by Leader

12 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Case Keenum #51 in Top 100...

Casey Hayward was 59....

Bakhtiari was 91...

Yea...thats accurate...

Have not been following religiously this year but I feel like the production quality has also gone down with that show. 

Anyway, looks like we’ll be having some familiar faces on the sidelines:

Three members of the Packers’ Super Bowl XLV championship team are back in Green Bay this spring as coaching interns.

Brandon Jackson, Jarrett Bush and Nick Barnett will be assisting the Packers’ coaching staff in different capacities during OTAs and minicamp over the next month.

https://m.packers.com/news/article/three-super-bowl-xlv-team-members-to-assist-packers-coaching-staff-b95bef3e-138c-4b0b-a8b7-af494da5d2c7

1 hour ago, chillparsi1 said:

Have not been following religiously this year but I feel like the production quality has also gone down with that show. 

Anyway, looks like we’ll be having some familiar faces on the sidelines:

https://m.packers.com/news/article/three-super-bowl-xlv-team-members-to-assist-packers-coaching-staff-b95bef3e-138c-4b0b-a8b7-af494da5d2c7

Just make sure Nick gets to sit right up front on picture day