NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

Okay. Who are we putting money on for the first pick? I'm not familiar with every team's GM, but this sounds interesting. I have a feeling Gute might be 11-16ish? Maybe higher?

I would imagine Lynch would have a leg up as a former safety and the one most recently out of football.

Jerry Jones would probably pay someone off to fight for him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cakeshoppe said:

The problem with this is that just becomes a case of might makes right. This shouldn’t just be about rewarding the strongest. We need a more evolved solution here. 

I’m thinking a decathlon-type event that includes jello-wrestling, dance-off, bar trivia, chess tournament, rhythmic gymnastics, competitive eating, and mock trial. The winner must be a true renaissance man. 

This sounds like a far better idea.

I think it would be appropriate to have a field goal kicking competition in there as well.

AP: The New Orleans Saints are going to court to keep the public from seeing hundreds of emails that allegedly show team executives doing public relations damage control for the area’s Roman Catholic archdiocese to help it contain the fallout from a burgeoning sexual abuse crisis.

Attorneys for about two dozen men suing the church say in court filings that the 276 documents they obtained through discovery show that the NFL team, whose owner is devoutly Catholic, aided the Archdiocese of New Orleans in its “pattern and practice of concealing its crimes.”

“Obviously, the Saints should not be in the business of assisting the Archdiocese, and the Saints’ public relations team is not in the business of managing the public relations of criminals engaged in pedophilia,” the attorneys wrote in a court filing. “The Saints realize that if the documents at issue are made public, this professional sports organization also will be smearing itself.”

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

AP: The New Orleans Saints are going to court to keep the public from seeing hundreds of emails that allegedly show team executives doing public relations damage control for the area’s Roman Catholic archdiocese to help it contain the fallout from a burgeoning sexual abuse crisis.

Attorneys for about two dozen men suing the church say in court filings that the 276 documents they obtained through discovery show that the NFL team, whose owner is devoutly Catholic, aided the Archdiocese of New Orleans in its “pattern and practice of concealing its crimes.”

“Obviously, the Saints should not be in the business of assisting the Archdiocese, and the Saints’ public relations team is not in the business of managing the public relations of criminals engaged in pedophilia,” the attorneys wrote in a court filing. “The Saints realize that if the documents at issue are made public, this professional sports organization also will be smearing itself.”

Maybe change the team name from Saints to Sinners?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

All the fluff is going to the Niners.  Shanahan this and Shanahan that.  It’s almost exactly like the McVay fluff leading into last year’s Super Bowl.  

I hope KC destroys them.  There is potential for Mahomes to make them look silly, and they played strong against the run against Tennessee.  Go KC!!

• Like 3