NFL News & Notes

Leader

24 minutes ago, Leader said:

Another good guess.....anddddddd....it too is wide of the mark.
The player. The "who'd they do it against" (hint: its not the same player....) isnt necessary.

So a player from Seattle, SF, Washington or NYG then, as Denver beat GB, ATL and Carolina. Can't recall anyone off the top of my head without looking it up. Odds are it's not someone from back in the day as QBs didn't run much back then and WRs were rarely used as runners. Someone probably broke off a reverse in the Seattle game, Baldwin, Tate or Harvin. Unfortunately that game was over by halftime and I was in my early 20s with the beer flowing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Imagine selecting Steve Atwater over LeRoy Butler for the Hall. Lmao.

Never makes sense to dumb it down to this, unless you think Atwater isn't a Hall of Famer (and you'd be wrong).  If you think they're both deserving, who gets in first when both have been shut out for 15 years really doesn't matter at all. He's going to get in, it took a long time for the safety back-log to clear up and it's finally happening. 

11 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Never makes sense to dumb it down to this, unless you think Atwater isn't a Hall of Famer (and you'd be wrong).  If you think they're both deserving, who gets in first when both have been shut out for 15 years really doesn't matter at all. He's going to get in, it took a long time for the safety back-log to clear up and it's finally happening. 

I mean Atwater just isn't there statistically. Butler blows him away in every statistical category other than tackles. Heck, Lynch has a better HOF resume than Atwater for the eligible safeties, but there's at least a better argument there. Maybe they all end up getting in but it doesn't change the fact that out of the candidates at that position for 2020, they let in No. 1 and No. 4. The very fact that Atwater was a 3-time finalist and this was Butler's first time is mind-boggling. 

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean Atwater just isn't there statistically. Butler blows him away in every statistical category other than tackles. Heck, Lynch has a better HOF resume than Atwater for the eligible safeties, but there's at least a better argument there. Maybe they all end up getting in but it doesn't change the fact that out of the candidates at that position for 2020, they let in No. 1 and No. 4. The very fact that Atwater was a 3-time finalist and this was Butler's first time is mind-boggling. 

Actually once Butler’s in it pretty much does erase any “choices” previously made. Nobody will remember, nobody will care. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

AP Coach of the Year voting:

John Harbaugh, Ravens 27 1/2
Kyle Shanahan, 49ers 14 1/2
Matt LaFleur, Packers 3
Mike Tomlin, Steelers 2
Sean McDermott, Bills 2
Sean Payton, Saints 1

Actually agree with this. I give Harbaugh a lot of credit for being smart enough to use Lamar for his strengths and the results that have come from it. Shanahan pretty much killed it this year as a play caller. LaFleur should be 3rd and he was.

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Imagine selecting Steve Atwater over LeRoy Butler for the Hall. Lmao.

I loved Steve Atwater but no this is absolutely wrong and just a few days ago Deion Sanders said too many people were being inducted and I tend to agree but not just too many but now the wrong people are getting in; the pro football Hall of Fame is starting to head down the path of the rock and roll hall of fame.