Jump to content
Leader

NFL News & Notes

Recommended Posts

Just watched Davantes top 100 video. Can’t believe he jumped from #101 last year to #45 this year. Cool to see him recognized by his peers even if it’s a poorly constructed list. The video left out some of his best highlights of this past season though. I hope this man is force fed the ball. Even when he isn’t open he’s open. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is freaking embarassing. Not a chance in HELL this gets enforced equally or properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is freaking embarassing. Not a chance in HELL this gets enforced equally or properly.

Lol first 3 hits are totally normal football plays, then the 4th is 50/50 and then you have the dirty Davante hit. One of these things is not like the other...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2018 at 10:17 AM, Siv said:

Just watched Davantes top 100 video. Can’t believe he jumped from #101 last year to #45 this year. Cool to see him recognized by his peers even if it’s a poorly constructed list. The video left out some of his best highlights of this past season though. I hope this man is force fed the ball. Even when he isn’t open he’s open. 

How many WRs would you take over him for the 2018 season though? 

6? 7? 

(This question is open to anyone)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

How many WRs would you take over him for the 2018 season though? 

6? 7? 

(This question is open to anyone)

For this year

AB, Julio, OBJ, Hopkins 

I think he belongs in this tier but here’s how I’d rank them 

AJ Green, Davante, Michael Thomas, Mike Evans 

not a huge Mike Evans fan but wouldn’t argue if someone had him ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol first 3 hits are totally normal football plays, then the 4th is 50/50 and then you have the dirty Davante hit. One of these things is not like the other...

I think they used to be normal football plays, but the very first play looks like a flag and a fine even before this rule change- he drops the helmet and earholes the receiver.

It certainly will lead to controversy interpreting the calls, especially since they happen so fast in real time.

Seems like a difficult situation because it requires changing tackling technique at a time when the CBA doesn't allow enough padded practices.  The CBA really created some unintended problems.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

For this year

AB, Julio, OBJ, Hopkins 

I think he belongs in this tier but here’s how I’d rank them 

AJ Green, Davante, Michael Thomas, Mike Evans 

not a huge Mike Evans fan but wouldn’t argue if someone had him ahead.

 

For 2018. 

Julio Jones
Antonio Brown
Odell Beckham Jr.  
AJ Green 
DeAndre Hopkins 
Stefon Diggs
Davante Adams 
Doug Baldwin
T.Y. Hilton 

10th is difficult. Could be Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, etc. 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2018 at 3:30 PM, Cadmus said:

 

For 2018. 

Julio Jones
Antonio Brown
Odell Beckham Jr.  
AJ Green 
DeAndre Hopkins 
Stefon Diggs
Davante Adams 
Doug Baldwin
T.Y. Hilton 

10th is difficult. Could be Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, etc. 


 

I've seen Diggs over Adams a few places now, and I've got to say I don't get it at all. And it's not just because he's playing with Rodgers either. Adams had better stats playing with Huntley and getting knocked out of two games ( and missing two) last year. Adams had more yards and 12 TD to Diggs' 3 in 2016 too.

If they're both healthy in 2018, i'd put a hefty amount of money on Davante having a better season than Diggs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

I've seen Diggs over Adams a few places now, and I've got to say I don't get it at all. And it's not just because he's playing with Rodgers either. Adams had better stats playing with Huntley and getting knocked out of two games ( and missing two) last year. Adams had more yards and 12 TD to Diggs' 3 in 2016 too.

If they're both healthy in 2018, i'd put a hefty amount of money on Davante having a better season than Diggs.

I agree, Adams over Diggs for 2018 fantasy, but for a totally different reason, and that's Adam Thielen and Dalvin Cook. We have Jimmy Graham, but we always have significantly more passing TDs than rushing, and I think running the ball suits Minnesota's style of play this year. A lot of mouths to feed on the Vikings offense, more than ours and we'll have more volume

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I agree, Adams over Diggs for 2018 fantasy, but for a totally different reason, and that's Adam Thielen and Dalvin Cook. We have Jimmy Graham, but we always have significantly more passing TDs than rushing, and I think running the ball suits Minnesota's style of play this year. A lot of mouths to feed on the Vikings offense, more than ours and we'll have more volume

How so?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stefon Diggs was supplanted as the WR1 on that team by an UDFA that played FCS/D-II? ball. That alone puts him under Adams. Plus, Adams is much more physical which helps him win 1-on-1's. I've got him slotted as my #6 WR with Allen and Evans directly behind him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ArthurPensky said:

How so?

Thielen, Diggs, and Cook are three really good players. Rudolph is a solid tight end.


In 2016, Packers had 40 passing TDs and 11 rushing TDs. Vikings had 20-9. 
In 2017, Packers still had 25-13 while the Vikings were 25-15 missing Dalvin Cook for half the year and we had Hundley half the year.

The case can and will be made that the Packers will likely have more total TDs and a lot more passing TDs. With Jordy gone, Adams has to split with Graham and Cobb to a lesser extent, and Diggs has to split less TDs with both Thielen and Rudolph, both of which I think could have more TDs than Diggs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joe said:

Stefon Diggs was supplanted as the WR1 on that team by an UDFA that played FCS/D-II? ball. That alone puts him under Adams. Plus, Adams is much more physical which helps him win 1-on-1's. I've got him slotted as my #6 WR with Allen and Evans directly behind him.

That is garbage. Adam Thielen had a GREAT season, don't downplay what he is because of where he came from. I would take Adams over both of them, but Diggs is not far behind if he can stay healthy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Thielen, Diggs, and Cook are three really good players. Rudolph is a solid tight end.


In 2016, Packers had 40 passing TDs and 11 rushing TDs. Vikings had 20-9. 
In 2017, Packers still had 25-13 while the Vikings were 25-15 missing Dalvin Cook for half the year and we had Hundley half the year.

The case can and will be made that the Packers will likely have more total TDs and a lot more passing TDs. With Jordy gone, Adams has to split with Graham and Cobb to a lesser extent, and Diggs has to split less TDs with both Thielen and Rudolph, both of which I think could have more TDs than Diggs. 

I"m not really referencing Adams/Diggs there.

Adams, Cobb, Jones/Ty/Williams/, Graham are pretty damn comparable to who you mentioned for the  vikes.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSm22B9ruk3SB14kQivG6k

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×