NFL News & Notes

Leader

So the Rams are going have a conversation with Todd Gurley. Translation is we're going to offer you a restructured contract for less money or we are going to release or trade you. I don't see any motivation for Gurley to renegotiate and I can't see anybody trading for him. I"m betting on Gurley being released. 

He was THE best RB in the league two years ago and he's potentially being thrown on the scrap heap this off season. The RB darling from 3 years ago, David Johnson, was injured most of the time after his deal was signed, he's being released by the Cardinals. 

More evidence of why you don't pay running backs. Love Aaron Jones, but you DO NOT pay him what his market value is going to be, given another year anywhere close to this year. 

Edited by Golfman
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Golfman said:

More evidence of why you don't pay running backs. Love Aaron Jones, but you DO NOT pay him what his market value is going to be, given another year anywhere close to this year.

As if you needed more evidence. 

David Johnson, too. 

Ain't no damn way in hell I want to re-sign Jones if this coming season is as good as this past season. 

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Kansas City Chiefs defensive tackle Derrick Nnadi vowed to pay the adoption fees for more than 100 dogs if his team won the Super Bowl. Now, every kennel at one of KC Pet Project's animal shelters is empty.

I feel like this may not have been the best thing. Adoption fees in a lot of instances are there as a barrier to stop people who can't financially care for the animal, from being able to take one and mistreat it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I feel like this may not have been the best thing. Adoption fees in a lot of instances are there as a barrier to stop people who can't financially care for the animal, from being able to take one and mistreat it.

Did you witness a quadruple homicide of your parents and half your grandparents at 2 years old or what happened who hurt you?

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Good points. Could be. Cant say.

First I dont know what the fee would be, but wouldnt think it onerous. Second - there is a difference between "free" and not. At some point you've got to apply some "hope for the best" thinking and move on i.e. thinking the animals are in a better place than they were. My own experience with people taking "free" kittens/puppies has been overwhelmingly positive. Just one new owner that dropped the ball entirely.

Edited by Leader

28 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Did you witness a quadruple homicide of your parents and half your grandparents at 2 years old or what happened who hurt you?

Not that, I've just spent enough time around urban and suburban people under 30 to know that just about every instinct they have about animals, dogs in particular (pitbulls even more particularly), is wrong and in many instances dangerous.

Edited by AlexGreen#20

20 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No idea where you are coming from with this. He made a statement that in all probability is true.  Your reaction is puzzling to say the least.

27 minutes ago, Leader said:

Good points. Could be. Cant say.

First I dont know what the fee would be, but wouldnt think it onerous. Second - there is a difference between "free" and not. At some point you've got to apply some "hope for the best" thinking and move on i.e. thinking the animals are in a better place than they were. My own experience with people taking "free" kittens/puppies has been overwhelmingly positive. Just one new owner that dropped the ball entirely.

Massive difference between free super young kitties and puppies coming out of a neighbor's cardboard box and the animals coming out of your average dog shelter.

17 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

No idea where you are coming from with this. He made a statement that in all probability is true.  Your reaction is puzzling to say the least.

Yes, I know he has a point.  Doesn’t mean he has to make me think about it.  Can’t I just be happy?

On 2/8/2020 at 10:14 AM, Leader said:

Kansas City Chiefs defensive tackle Derrick Nnadi vowed to pay the adoption fees for more than 100 dogs if his team won the Super Bowl. Now, every kennel at one of KC Pet Project's animal shelters is empty.

On 2/8/2020 at 10:25 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

This happens around Milwaukee from time to time at the Wisconsin Humane Society.  Gracious donors will either match, or pay for adoption fees during a certain period of time.

When we were looking for another pet, we made sure to adopt at that time.  We gave $150 for a cat we fell in love with.  Too much for a cat, I know, but it went to a good cause.  And the anonymous backer matched our $150, so the Humane Society got $300 for her.  Win-win.  She's been a great addition to our house.

It's cool to see stories like this.

Edited by vegas492