NFL News & Notes

Leader

29 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

This cannot be accurate after Rodgers restructured midseason. 

@CWood21

Seems to be outdated. Spotrac currently has him in for a 21.6M cap hit in 2020, while an archived version of the page from before the restructure has him at 32.6M. The current version has him listed for $36.3M in 2021, whereas the older one had him in for $33.5M. This seems in line, the restructure essentially took $14 from 2019 and converted it into ~2.8 per over the 5 years from 2019-2023

• Like 1

Mason Rudolph -  1000% False. Bold-Faced Lie. I did not, have not, and would not utter a racial-slur. This is a disgusting and reckless attempt to assassinate my character.

////////////

I obviously dont know Rudolph, but I dont believe Garrett's story. 

He says Rudolph said this to him when being tackled - not while they were fighting or struggling on the ground and not after he'd been konked on the head with his helmet. Why? It makes no sense. None of the people around heard it and it wasnt picked up on audio. I dont think it happened. 

Mike Tomlin  -  "I support Mason Rudolph not only because I know him, but also because I was on the field immediately following the altercation with Myles Garrett, and subsequently after the game," the statement read. "I interacted with a lot of people in the Cleveland Browns organization -- players and coaches. If Mason said what Myles claimed, it would have come out during the many interactions I had with those in the Browns' organization. In my conversations, I had a lot of expressions of sorrow for what transpired. I received no indication of anything racial or anything of that nature in those interactions."

NFL  -  "As we said at the time the allegation was made, we looked into the matter and found no such evidence."

Edited by Leader