• “Smoke” routes for QBs/WRs
• OL/DL/TE sled push for 2-5 yards
• DL timed “Figure 8” bend drill
• DB/WR timed “W” and “Gauntlet”
• OL screen drill for screen plays

Subtractions:
• OL “rabbit” mirror drill
• DL shuffle/bag touch

Nice. The stupid bag touch thing hasn't made sense since engaged cut blocking became illegal. and it didn't make much sense then.  

21 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Nice. The stupid bag touch thing hasn't made sense since engaged cut blocking became illegal. and it didn't make much sense then.  

Agreed, adding a sled push will make that a net neutral in the boring to watch, outdated drill category. If you can't display perfect tech on a stationary sled on wheels, you've got some real issues.

Excited for a timed figure 8 drill, that will weed out the tight hipped.

Not sure why the rabbit drill is gone. Another easy drill to see who can use their feet and who has cement in their shoes.

Tom Pelissero -  The NFL and NFLPA have agreed to revise the franchise and transition tag deadlines. Tags can now be applied Feb. 27 through March 12, two days later than originally planned.

Absent a new collective bargaining agreement, teams can still apply both tags, which is big for teams such as the Cowboys and Titans. If players vote to approve the proposed CBA, as owners already did, it’d go back to one tag per team. The sides meet Tuesday in Indianapolis.

Edited by Leader

Ian Rapoport -  The Jaguars are not expected to pick up the contract option for DT Marcell Dareus, sources say. The option would have guaranteed Dareus nearly $20M, and now frees up cap space and cash for Jacksonville. The deadline to pick it up is tomorrow.

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport -  The Jaguars are not expected to pick up the contract option for DT Marcell Dareus, sources say. The option would have guaranteed Dareus nearly $20M, and now frees up cap space and cash for Jacksonville. The deadline to pick it up is tomorrow.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

This is how I feel this year about all the mocks this year that have us taking a non premium (ILB, WR, TE) in Rd 1.

Drafting 30th is a different ball game though. You're basically dipping into the early 2nd round crop by that point. If one of the top 3 ILBs or a few of the top WRs are still on the board at 30, you absolutely consider them.  I mean what's the difference between Blank WR at 30 and Jordy Nelson at 36? I think you throw the "premium" rule out the door at that point, especially taking into context the overwhelming need at ILB and WR on this team, notwithstanding FA. 

• Like 2

It really doesn't matter if you call a pick at #30 a first round pick, or see it as a high 2nd rounder. That's a matter of perception. I don't pay much attention to statements like  "There are only 25 genuine first round picks this year", There are 32 first round picks, despite the overall variation in quality.

More useful is a system where you put players in tiers of similar talent (though that is subjective as well). . At least using tiers you can make decisions on good times to trade up and down*..........not mention helping you to determine when a prospects in certain position group are drying up (ie it's going to be many more draft picks before the next prospects at that group become value picks). Of course, the more accurate your 'tiers groupings' are, the more likely it is that your choices that stem from that are good ones.

* Decisions like "There are 8 similarly rated prospects when my pick comes around, so I can trade down 6 spots an still get the same value". Or, "There is a substantial talent drop beginning two picks before my own pick, so I could get a better level of player if I trade up 3-4 spots".

I don't think enough attention is paid to tiers, though I do understand it isn't at all easy to tier players accurately, especially after the top 20 picks.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

5 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

It really doesn't matter if you call a pick at #30 a first round pick, or see it as a high 2nd rounder. That's a matter of perception. I don't pay much attention to statements like  "There are only 25 genuine first round picks this year", There are 32 first round picks, despite the overall variation in quality.

More useful is a system where you put players in tiers of similar talent (though that is subjective as well). . At least using tiers you can make decisions on good times to trade up and down*..........not mention helping you to determine when a prospects in certain position group are drying up (ie it's going to be many more draft picks before the next prospects at that group become value picks). Of course, the more accurate your 'tiers groupings' are, the more likely it is that your choices that stem from that are good ones.

* Decisions like "There are 8 similarly rated prospects when my pick comes around, so I can trade down 6 spots an still get the same value". Or, "There is a substantial talent drop beginning two picks before my own pick, so I could get a better level of player if I trade up 3-4 spots".

I don't think enough attention is paid to tiers, though I do understand it isn't at all easy to tier players accurately, especially after the top 20 picks.

That's exactly what these people are doing?

Generally within those first 25 there will be another tier at the top.

Maybe start paying attention when people say there's only 25 genuine first round picks. 

26 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Drafting 30th is a different ball game though. You're basically dipping into the early 2nd round crop by that point. If one of the top 3 ILBs or a few of the top WRs are still on the board at 30, you absolutely consider them.  I mean what's the difference between Blank WR at 30 and Jordy Nelson at 36? I think you throw the "premium" rule out the door at that point, especially taking into context the overwhelming need at ILB and WR on this team, notwithstanding FA. 

The option for a 5th year on a rookie deal. 

The fact that historically ILB has been less impactful of a position when you compare it to OT/DL/EDGE

And likewise the dwindling availability of contributing players at premium positions such as OT/DL/EDGE/etc as the draft goes on.. hence premium. 

You’re not picking a WR with your first cause u need one. You’re doing it cause they’re the highest rated player on your board. Position value plays into that

• Like 1