NFL News & Notes

Leader

52 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Never quote dumbass vike fans in this forum.

Thx

Signed,

Everybody

Oh, really? I came in here with the intent of having a discussion about an important position on the field. Packers fans should know this very well considering their season was ruined by an injury to their starting QB just this past season.

But...since you clearly don't care to have real discussion here by posting garbage like this, I'll see myself out. 

12 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Oh, really? I came in here with the intent of having a discussion about an important position on the field. Packers fans should know this very well considering their season was ruined by an injury to their starting QB just this past season.

But...since you clearly don't care to have real discussion here by posting garbage like this, I'll see myself out. 

You asked about our 3rd string QB and then a QB we've already cut, come on dude. 

How's Slotermania in Minny?

23 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

>>Asks about the lack of excitement regarding Brett Hundley, feigning ignorance.

>> Accidentally reveals in next post that he knows Hundley struggled last year

>> Genius level trolling sir

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

No you didn't.  You're more than welcome to discuss Packers in here, but at least attempt to have a real discussion.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

No you didn't.  You're more than welcome to discuss Packers in here, but at least attempt to have a real discussion.

That's why I'm here, man.

I realize Brett struggled last year, and I assumed he might probably already lost the #2 job. I never denied that. I'm curious though if he will at least be given a chance to win his job back?

Can another great preseason help Hundley be the #2 here, or would it help his chances of being traded?

29 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I realize Brett struggled last year, and I assumed he might probably already lost the #2 job. I never denied that. I'm curious though if he will at least be given a chance to win his job back?

Can another great preseason help Hundley be the #2 here, or would it help his chances of being traded?

lolol

you came in and went SO HOW BOUT DAT HUNDLEYMANIA GUYZZZZZ HAHAHAHAHAH

then you play all innocent, gtfo, you're nothing but trouble, always have been.

Football Outsiders is running some of their annual series on personnel usage across the league

This one is on the use of 2 RB sets vs 1 RB sets and the trend is going down for the fullbacks

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/run-offense-number-backs-2017

From 2013 to 2016, four teams ran with two backs at least 40 percent of the time: Atlanta, Buffalo, Carolina, and Green Bay. None of the four hit that benchmark in 2017. Shanahan's departure knocked Atlanta out of that list. Carolina lost Mike Tolbert to Buffalo, and they fell out as well. Green Bay fell under the 40 percent threshold despite a healthy Aaron Ripkowski; we'll get back to them soon enough. Buffalo was just four carries away from hitting 40 percent, with the addition of Tolbert not enough to offset the loss of Roman. That means your current leader for most consecutive seasons with more than 40 percent two-back running is New England, who have now reached that mark a whopping two seasons in a row. Every streak has to start somewhere.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'll talk football, since I trolled back in the first place...

I do think it will be a preseason battle for the #2 spot.  Hundley pretty well tanked his trade value last season.  Hundley still had a better season than Kizer last year.  We do know that some combination of: Gute, Ted, and Mike like Kizer a lot.  There were rumors that they wanted to draft him, and given that they then traded for him giving up a pretty good defensive back, I am inclined to believe it.  Preseason and practice will probably give a better picture of this QB depth chart.  I would guess that if they were equal, Kizer gets the nod based on the investment made to obtain him.  

Also important to note:  Hundley lost his secret weapon, preseason GOD, Jeff Janis.

• Like 1

I have a feeling that Hundley showed his ceiling last year, so I am thinking that Kizer will end up the back up.

When Rodgers went down in 2010, Matt Flynn stepped in and had a reasonable game against the heavily favored Patriots.  Admittedly, he had a better roster around him, but he had a much better grasp of things than Hundley showed in year three last year.  Hundley will need a huge jump if he is to have a future in the NFL.

While Kizer played poorly last year, he was a rookie on the worst team in the NFL.  He hasn't shown his potential/ceiling yet, so I have to think he has the advantage at this point.  I have to wonder if the real question is whether we keep three QB's, and if we do, is Hundley one of them.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I'll talk football, since I trolled back in the first place...

I do think it will be a preseason battle for the #2 spot.  Hundley pretty well tanked his trade value last season.  Hundley still had a better season than Kizer last year.  We do know that some combination of: Gute, Ted, and Mike like Kizer a lot.  There were rumors that they wanted to draft him, and given that they then traded for him giving up a pretty good defensive back, I am inclined to believe it.  Preseason and practice will probably give a better picture of this QB depth chart.  I would guess that if they were equal, Kizer gets the nod based on the investment made to obtain him.  

Also important to note:  Hundley lost his secret weapon, preseason GOD, Jeff Janis.

and Kizer gained one, Equanimeous St. Brown.

6 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Interesting that you chose him over Yancey and Clark (who have one year of experience) and over Moore and Valdez Scantling (who were both drafted ahead of him).

Mostly referencing their Bromance at Notre Dame. Of the Rookies I like Moore>ESB>MVS. But I like them all.

On 11/07/2018 at 8:35 PM, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I have a feeling that Hundley showed his ceiling last year, so I am thinking that Kizer will end up the back up.

When Rodgers went down in 2010, Matt Flynn stepped in and had a reasonable game against the heavily favored Patriots.  Admittedly, he had a better roster around him, but he had a much better grasp of things than Hundley showed in year three last year.  Hundley will need a huge jump if he is to have a future in the NFL.

While Kizer played poorly last year, he was a rookie on the worst team in the NFL.  He hasn't shown his potential/ceiling yet, so I have to think he has the advantage at this point.  I have to wonder if the real question is whether we keep three QB's, and if we do, is Hundley one of them.

I don't think so. I think he may have shown his ceiling in the offense we've run the past couple years. I think Hundley would be better utilized under an offense that allows him to make fewer reads and have more combo routes/roll-outs. He doesn't have the pre-snap game to succeed in Rodgers' offense

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

2017 Super Bowl featured Eagles- pats

During the Regular Season they both had the highest Point Differential in the League:

Eagles scored 457 and gave up 295 for a Point Differential of..... 162

pats scored 458 and gave up 296 for a Point Differential of....  162

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2017/

Yep, point differential has always been a much predictor of playoff success than overall record.