NFL News & Notes

Leader

8 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

Shelby Harris please

I actually feel like Derek Wolfe makes more sense. He's better in the run game than Harris and he's got some ability to rush the passer still. He's not what he once was but he's the one I'd rather have replace Lancaster than Harris. Think a Wolfe-Clark-Lowry line is more than passable. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I actually feel like Derek Wolfe makes more sense. He's better in the run game than Harris and he's got some ability to rush the passer still. He's not what he once was but he's the one I'd rather have replace Lancaster than Harris. Think a Wolfe-Clark-Lowry line is more than passable. 

I'll tell you right off the bat I haven't watched either one of them so I'm completely going off of stats and what I've read. I feel like Shelby would fit this defense much better. He played the first two years at NT in Denver which run a 3-4. Due to injuries during the season they moved him to DE and he did really well. He came out and said its his natural position. Ended the year with 6 sacks which is good for a 3-4 DE. I feel like his abilty to be an anchor as well as DE in our scheme would be huge. Shelby and Clark would be great combo when we play 2 DL. Then we can kick Shelby out to DE.

Everything I see favors Shelby except height:

Denver stats: Shelby

Size: Wolfe

Scheme Fit: Shelby

Derek Wolfe 6'5" 284  30 years old

Year
Team
COMB
AST
Sack
INT

Broncos

Broncos

Broncos

Broncos

Broncos

Broncos

Broncos

Broncos

Shelby Harris 6' 2" 289 28 years old

Year
Team
COMB
AST
Sack
INT

Broncos

Broncos

Broncos

Raiders

Raiders

51 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Ebron would've been the closest to Finley that Rodgers had every had. Hell he was a top 15 pick. Finley is probably a poor man's Ebron athletically.

He also struggles badly with drops and has generally underwhelmed every year of his career outside of 2018.  I mean, I wouldn't have been heart-broken if the Packers signed him or anything, but I don't really see the difference between him and the guys the Packers have brought in.  And Cook was a better athlete than either if we're talking their prime, man ran a 4.50 and jumped 41" at 6'5", 250.  He wasn't quite that guy anymore when he joined the Packers, but lack of athleticism certainly wasn't his issue.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

I'll tell you right off the bat I haven't watched either one of them so I'm completely going off of stats and what I've read. I feel like Shelby would fit this defense much better. He played the first two years at NT in Denver which run a 3-4. Due to injuries during the season they moved him to DE and he did really well. He came out and said its his natural position. Ended the year with 6 sacks which is good for a 3-4 DE. I feel like his abilty to be an anchor as well as DE in our scheme would be huge. Shelby and Clark would be great combo when we play 2 DL. Then we can kick Shelby out to DE.

Everything I see favors Shelby except height:

Denver stats: Shelby

Size: Wolfe

Scheme Fit: Shelby

Derek Wolfe 6'5" 284  30 years old

Year
Team
COMB
AST
Sack
INT

Broncos

Broncos

Broncos

Broncos

Broncos

Broncos

Broncos

Broncos

Shelby Harris 6' 2" 289 28 years old

Year
Team
COMB
AST
Sack
INT

Broncos

Broncos

Broncos

Raiders

Raiders

I'm not complaining either way, I just think Wolfe fits better in Lancaster's spot. Harris seems more like Lowry but that could be an ill-advised assumption on my end. Per usual, I'll openly defer to anyone who knows better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm not complaining either way, I just think Wolfe fits better in Lancaster's spot. Harris seems more like Lowry but that could be an ill-advised assumption on my end. Per usual, I'll openly defer to anyone who knows better.

I could agree on that. I really think the one free agent we NEED to sign is DL. Its a piss poor draft for IDL 

• Like 1

Just now, Kenrik said:

I could agree on that. I really think the one free agent we NEED to sign is DL. Its a piss poor draft for IDL 

Yep. The only non-1st, early 2nd type projected DL that I like is Jordan Elliott and he's probably someone we'd have to use 62 on as I don't see him falling to 94. 

6 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

...which is why we'll probably have to reach on someone though I hope it's not the kind of reach we made with D!ck-Rod that one year...

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yep. The only non-1st, early 2nd type projected DL that I like is Jordan Elliott and he's probably someone we'd have to use 62 on as I don't see him falling to 94. 

Oh, but I do....I'd throw in two of our 6ths to move up however.

Just now, MrBobGray said:

Think of the pressure package you'd be putting out hot damn.  Smith/Gary/Clowney/Smith with the options to swap Clark in and out or play Z stand-up, whooooooo boy.  Fun times.

Pressure package? I'm adding Clark to that and making it my nickel package lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Ha! Typing was never my strong suit.

I guess not...since the 4 is nowhere near the 9!  () - ; #

Ha,Ha,Ha! It’s obvious many of us are bore, isn’t it!  

Edited by JQ1