NFL News & Notes

Leader

20 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

His length hurts him at times, he doesn't play with the best leverage. He's been hurt even when he has been playing so he hasn't been 100%. The defense in Houston asked him to play a lot of head-up DE which isn't good for anybody's sack numbers. Unlike a lot of really good rushers, he hasn't been the focus point in his team's pressure package. He's frequently been asked to set the table so that other guys can eat. 

He's also a guy that for whatever reason tends to generate tremendous pressure numbers that don't fall into sacks. In 2018 he managed to do 48 pressures on 9 sacks. Zadarius Smtih this year did 50 pressures on 13.5 sacks.

You've sold me. Go get him Gute 

2 hours ago, Kenrik said:

"bolted" would not be a word I would use. Martinez knew he wouldn't be back as did Fackrell. Bulaga took the chance of the potential to play with Brady on a team with a top-5 defense and weapons galore on offense. Goodson followed the money. Not sure why Vitale left, but knowing New England's system, I'm sure he felt as if he had a better chance to produce there than in Green Bay. 

Just my thoughts...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

"bolted" would not be a word I would use. Martinez knew he wouldn't be back as did Fackrell. Bulaga took the chance of the potential to play with Brady on a team with a top-5 defense and weapons galore on offense. Goodson followed the money. Not sure why Vitale left, but knowing New England's system, I'm sure he felt as if he had a better chance to produce there than in Green Bay. 

Just my thoughts...

Agreed, they're not trying to get away like ohhh **** dumpster fire!!! and that's how that kind of sounds.

• Like 1

Just now, Norm said:

Agreed, they're not trying to get away like ohhh **** dumpster fire!!! and that's how that kind of sounds.

we're not even in the same hemisphere as "dumpster fire" and you've alluded to the reality of Silverstein's words: false sensationalism...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe said:

we're not even in the same hemisphere as "dumpster fire" and you've alluded to the reality of Silverstein's words: false sensationalism...

I thought it too when I first saw it but didn't know if I was reading too much into it, but that's really how it sounded. 

Adam Schefter -   Former 49ers’ WR Emmanuel Sanders reached agreement on a two-year, $16 million deal with worth up to $19 million with the New Orleans Saints.

• Ross Uglem -  I wonder what someone could actually sign Robby Anderson for....
Edited by Leader

Just now, Leader said:

I'd be more interested in Anderson....

Why? Rodgers can't hit the deep ball anymore consistently (or at all, to some), so what's the point in investing in another deep ball guy? Why not get the underneath, YAC types? When Rodgers isn't stubborn as hell and is open to the quick hit offense, we thrive. Not sure why the hell he refuses to do it.

Adam Schefter -  Emmanuel Sanders had appealing NFC options. Sanders spoke with the Dallas Cowboys and the Green Bay Packers, but preferred to wind up with the New Orleans Saints, where he landed a two-year, $16 million deal worth up to $19 million.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Why? Rodgers can't hit the deep ball anymore consistently (or at all, to some), so what's the point in investing in another deep ball guy? Why not get the underneath, YAC types? When Rodgers isn't stubborn as hell and is open to the quick hit offense, we thrive. Not sure why the hell he refuses to do it.

I couldnt tell you the route trees that Anderson is capable of running - but I suspect its more than just fly patterns.
He's younger and faster than Sanders. Problem is...those qualities might make him more expensive.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

I couldnt tell you the route trees that Anderson is capable of running - but I suspect its more than just fly patterns.
He's younger and faster than Sanders. Problem is...those qualities might make him more expensive.

He's primarily a deep ball guy. Not sure how consistent he is as an underneath route runner. Is what it is. I'd welcome it but Sanders made more sense on a short term deal unless we can get Anderson cheaper than expected.

Peter Bukowski -  Sanders didn’t produce a ton for the 49ers but he did kill the Saints. Whatever the numbers are, this will make it easier to set a market for Robby Anderson et al. San Francisco gave up too much to get Emmanuel Sanders last year. He didn’t produce at a particularly high rate for them. Now he’s a 33-year-old WR with an injury history playing for his third team in a year. I wouldn’t be devastated your team didn’t sign him. Good deal though.

Just now, beekay414 said:

He's primarily a deep ball guy. Not sure how consistent he is as an underneath route runner. Is what it is. I'd welcome it but Sanders made more sense on a short term deal unless we can get Anderson cheaper than expected.

Of the two....I think Anderson can do more with the ball. Sanders is 33y/o.