NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, beekay414 said:

And was still highly productive last year and fits our window just fine.

Okay. Whatever. Sanders is on another team now.....and we might not (want) or get Anderson...so definitely no need to fight over it :)

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Big gaffe missing out on Sanders IMO. Smart teams do smart things. New Orleans has added Jenkins and Sanders and is a better team than they were last January. Can't say the same for Green Bay right now. If anything, we've gone backwards. 

I don’t think we have the information to call it a gaffe. We could’ve offered him more, but he chose NO.

I also think there’s more ways to assess if we got better or worse than just additions/subtractions . 

15 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Big gaffe missing out on Sanders IMO. Smart teams do smart things. New Orleans has added Jenkins and Sanders and is a better team than they were last January. Can't say the same for Green Bay right now. If anything, we've gone backwards. 

Losing Bulaga was the biggest loss, losing out on Sanders isn't really a big deal. Sanders chose to go to NO anyways. We still have options in FA if we want to go that route, and a heavy WR loaded class to get weapons still. 

10 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Losing Bulaga was the biggest loss, losing out on Sanders isn't really a big deal. Sanders chose to go to NO anyways. We still have options in FA if we want to go that route, and a heavy WR loaded class to get weapons still. 

Everyone keeps talking about this loaded WR class like we're going to get 3-4 chances to get a guy. It is a loaded class, and one that will be largely depleted by the time pick 62 comes around. Thus, we realistically have one shot at 30 to get a guy. With our needs at DL and OT though, it may be tough to go WR in the first round.

Packers have to get a WR in FA. Sanders was the best short-term fit but now he's gone so they'll have to look elsewhere. Anderson and Perriman are lesser players but either one would help lessen the need to go WR at 30 and allow more flexibility there.

Just now, packfanfb said:

Everyone keeps talking about this loaded WR class like we're going to get 3-4 chances to get a guy. It is a loaded class, and one that will be largely depleted by the time pick 62 comes around. Thus, we realistically have one shot at 30 to get a guy. With our needs at DL and OT though, it may be tough to go WR in the first round.

Packers have to get a WR in FA. Sanders was the best short-term fit but now he's gone so they'll have to look elsewhere. Anderson and Perriman are lesser players but either one would help lessen the need to go WR at 30 and allow more flexibility there.

I mean we could still trade up if push came to shove in the 2nd. 

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Id much rather pay Robby Anderson than hope that this isn't the year Sanders hits the age wall. 

If Gute wants a #2 option the price will be steep ... I doubt he pays it.  If they add a receiver in free agency it's going to be a lesser talent like Gabriel or Sharpe.  Probably can't afford Anderson, Perriman or Robinson. 

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If Gute wants a #2 option the price will be steep ... I doubt he pays it.  If they add a receiver in free agency it's going to be a lesser talent like Gabriel or Sharpe.  Probably can't afford Anderson, Perriman or Robinson. 

I don't see why they can't. They have plenty of money and can have 4m more by releasing Taylor.

45 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Do you hate Kirksey yet?