NFL News & Notes

Leader

Adam Schefter -  Falcons signed WR Laquon Treadwell, formerly of the Vikings. The former first-round receiver flamed out in Minnesota, posting 701 yards on 65 receptions during four years with the team. His time with the Vikings culminated in a healthy scratch during Minnesota's Wild Card game versus New Orleans.

/////

A career gone south.

ESPN - The Falcons signed OG Justin McCray, formerly of the Browns, to a one-year deal. McCray started four games with the Browns in 2019 and five games with the Packers in the prior season. McCray is a versatile lineman who can play multiple positions. His primary role will be as the backup to Atlanta's right guard, 2019 first-round pick Chris Lindstrom.

10 hours ago, Leader said:

Mike Garafolo -    Note on Bears TE Jimmy Graham’s contract: He has a no-trade clause.

/////

I'm not sure there's a trading market for Graham at this point.....

Man just walked away with 2/18. Makes sense to think that there was more than one team interested in him. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

He finally hit the vested service cutoff. Why not ask for it? Not like it costs anything. 

Doesnt bother me. I just posted the info. I thought it odd at this stage of his career and production it was part of the negotiations.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Doesnt bother me. I just posted the info. I thought it odd at this stage of his career and production it was part of the negotiations.

IIRC, you only become eligible for a no trade clause in your contract once you have 10 accrued years in the league. You don't hear about it because so few guys actually get to their 11th year. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

Football news is coming fast and furious....

Peter King -  Sean Payton, coronavirus patient, self-quarantined in his house in New Orleans on Sunday night, ordered a cheesesteak for delivery from a favorite eatery.

I just hope he's doing well and is healthy again soon. 

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Aaron Nagler - Quoting a PackersWire article :

“Ryan Pace came up with the bright idea of signing the chalk outline of Jimmy Graham’s career” Damn.

Packers fans are going to have a REALLY tough time if Jimmy Graham puts up 55/750/6 this year. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Packers fans are going to have a REALLY tough time if Jimmy Graham puts up 55/750/6 this year. 

Not really...or not me at least.

If I had to characterize what I see in Graham....he's appears to have gotten much "bulkier" than his truly productive days and slowed down a lot. He was a forerunner in the "TE with a WR body" type. He was much thinner. Quicker. Mobile. 

Edited by Leader