NFL News & Notes

Leader

23 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

DNA/ Witnesses. Unlikely it exists in those cases. Otherwise its he said/ She said. That's the problem.

Edit, wouldn't mind discussing this but I'm sure this is not the place to do it

Edited by Norm

3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Was there ever any evidence of it? Or just hearsay? I didn't follow it.

I believe that the incident of whatever happened was more or less covered up because she was paid a good amount of money as hush money.  As in she got a settlement by signing a non-disclosure agreement.

And I believe, going from memory here, that she breached that contract a few years ago and then there was a little flare up.

Ian Rapoport -  The Jaguars are "working diligently" toward signing free agent Tyler Eifert. It's the first we've heard of the 29-year-old in free agency. One of the most injury-plagued players in recent memory, Eifert is coming off a 16-game campaign for the first time in his seven-year career.

NFL Rumors -  Minor NFL Transactions: 3/24/20

Atlanta Falcons - Signed: LB LaRoy Reynolds

Baltimore Ravens - Re-signed: WR Chris Moore

Cincinnati Bengals - Signed: WR Mike Thomas

Minnesota Vikings - Signed: LB DeMarquis Gates (XFL)

New York Giants - Signed: DB Dravon Askew-Henry (XFL)

New York Jets - Re-signed: DB Bennett Jackson

(Note: The Funchess signing is not considered a minor move :) )

The defending Super Bowl champs have re-signed defensive lineman Mike Pennel to a one-year pact.

Edited by Leader

Ian Rapoport -  Faced with a big cap number for CB Janoris Jenkins, the Saints chose to sign him to an extension that could keep him in the fold in the future: It’s a 2-year, $16.75M extension based on new money. So, 3 years, $27M overall with $10.2M guaranteed — all in 2020.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport -  Faced with a big cap number for CB Janoris Jenkins, the Saints chose to sign him to an extension that could keep him in the fold in the future: It’s a 2-year, $16.75M extension based on new money. So, 3 years, $27M overall with $10.2M guaranteed — all in 2020.

Saints know this year is probably "it" for them. Brees was "this close" to retiring this year and even though he signed a two-year deal, I think this might be his last year. 

19 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I believe that the incident of whatever happened was more or less covered up because she was paid a good amount of money as hush money.  As in she got a settlement by signing a non-disclosure agreement.

And I believe, going from memory here, that she breached that contract a few years ago and then there was a little flare up.

The details are pretty outrageous. Tennessee asked her to blame it on a black football player. She was fired. Then when she moved to a university in Florida the Mannings sent her a letter defaming her, the university saw the letter and fired her. The settlement she received was them settling a defamation lawsuit. All from memory so my details may be off. But I encourage anyone to read up on it if they have time.