NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, packfanfb said:

DL class is weak though. Hate to be pigeonholed into taking a DL early solely because of need. A plug and play vet is the better option this year.

Honestly, I was hoping we'd do both. I'm wondering if we're waiting for someone to get cut.

11 minutes ago, Joe said:

Honestly, I was hoping we'd do both. I'm wondering if we're waiting for someone to get cut.

Probably the case or at least for the compensatory pick period to expire. That's a great deal for Harris though especially when considering what some other guys are getting.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Norm said:

I like that dude. That's an easy answer for anyone but he just is dead honest most of the time. The way he talked about Winston cracked me up too. Just doesn't give a ****. 

Arians is exactly what I'd be as a coach...except much more accomplished than I'd be cuz I'd probably get fired after year one.

• Like 3

Just now, HighCalebR said:

So hard to watch Kenny destroy a rep just to be undone.

I'm gonna hold out hope that they do what they did a few years ago with Wilkerson. Wait until a vet gets cut after camp. I know that's not ideal but it's what we do.

I just don't understand extending a 36 year old QB if we're going to take the same approach we've always taken. Either **** or get off the pot. We're neither in nor out with this approach. Just status quo in Upper Wisconsin.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

I feel like the office is so much higher on Lowry and the Depth than we are. So many reasonable contracts.

This is my fear. Not so much Lowry who could bounce back but I think they're still trying to polish Adams but layer after layer he's still a turd...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

This is my fear. Not so much Lowry who could bounce back but I think they're still trying to polish Adams but layer after layer he's still a turd...

I'm starting to believe that Adams is the type of player Pettine wants: a pure pass rusher with a questionable anchor in the run game because the defense is solely built to stop the pass, which is why I'm starting to think that Blacklock at 30 is realistic.