NFL News & Notes

Leader

Shouldn’t surprise anyone, this is why Drew Brees throws stupid INTs during the playoffs. He doesn’t know how to read the moment right.

Rodgers did though... saw drew committing career suicide and he took the opening and torched Drew.

So no more Brees is better then Rodgers nonsense? Ok good.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Leader said:

Yeah....he's definitely read these tea leaves wrong.

I personally didn't read the whole thing.  All I gathered was he said he'd never disrespect the flag .. if that's all ... have no problem with it.  Read into it what you want.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

I personally didn't read the whole thing.  All I gathered was he said he'd never disrespect the flag .. if that's all ... have no problem with it.  Read into it what you want.

I'm not doing any reading or interpretation at all. Bree's own words denigrated the protests (past and future should they happen again) as disrespecting the flag - which was never the intention of any of the players that took a knee or stood in solidarity. None of them.

They "clarified" that numerous times. Over and over  - but to no avail - because if you hijack the intent of the protest - declare it to be something its not (ie. unpatriotic disrespect for the flag/military....) - you're no longer dealing with the actual intent of it - which was police brutality.

Given the current *heightened* climate and events, I think it foolish for Brees to open that can of worms again and think it would have been smarter had he made some banal comment and let it go. He's got his own teammates calling him out on it.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Good thing there isn't anyone "disrespecting" the flag. 

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Yeah....he's definitely read these tea leaves wrong.

I mean, the man was getting scammed on jewelry by the same guy from 2002 through 2017 when he got the pieces independently appraised.

He threw his weight behind the Romney Pilates studio boondoggle in New Orleans, and he tried to get the city to bulldoze a nature preserve for a private soccer stadium.

He was a spokesman for the Advocare pyramid scheme.

He appeared in an ad with "Focus on the Family" without bothering to check why that organization might have been controversial.

Putting the politics aside (though he did cut ties with his own mother over politics), Drew Brees is just not a smart person.  He may, in fact, be genuinely stupid.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, the man was getting scammed on jewelry by the same guy from 2002 through 2017 when he got the pieces independently appraised.

He threw his weight behind the Romney Pilates studio boondoggle in New Orleans, and he tried to get the city to bulldoze a nature preserve for a private soccer stadium.

He was a spokesman for the Advocare pyramid scheme.

He appeared in an ad with "Focus on the Family" without bothering to check why that organization might have been controversial.

Putting the politics aside (though he did cut ties with his own mother over politics), Drew Brees is just not a smart person.  He may, in fact, be genuinely stupid.

This is Brees? I dont know any of these things. Outside his football career, I dont know much about Brees at all.
I know he helped a bunch of folks recently with donations for food....of that they be used for food for folks in/around New Orleans.
I was simply commenting he read the tea leaves wrong in so much it was really bad timing to "re-cast" the protests as disrespecting the flag in so much as that it (again) gave life to how opponents of the protests tried to cast them.

Not to regurgitate the discussion or rehash what happened - it's over and historical fact at this point - regardless how Brees feels (and he's entitled to have an opinion on it.....) it was just bad timing given the current climate and not unexpectedly drew immediate response. Oh well.   

Edited by Leader

9 hours ago, Leader said:

I'm not doing any reading or interpretation at all. Bree's own words denigrated the protests (past and future should they happen again) as disrespecting the flag - which was never the intention of any of the players that took a knee or stood in solidarity. None of them.

They "clarified" that numerous times. Over and over  - but to no avail - because if you hijack the intent of the protest - declare it to be something its not (ie. unpatriotic disrespect for the flag/military....) - you're no longer dealing with the actual intent of it - which was police brutality.

Given the current *heightened* climate and events, I think it foolish for Brees to  open that can of worms again and think it would have been smarter had he made some banal comment and let it go. He's got his own teammates calling him out on it.

You have no clue the intent of any player taking a knee ... only the players themselves know regardless how much they "clarified" it.   Brees should have just made a bland statement and indeed let it go.  Whack him if you want; I'm not.  He has as much right to give his feelings as those who took a knee or stood in solidarity.     

• Like 1

Do you make things up in your head simply in order to make a comment that in fact has no bearing on my thoughts or direct words?

38 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

You have no clue the intent of any player taking a knee ... only the players themselves know regardless how much they "clarified" it.   Brees should have just made a bland statement and indeed let it go.  Whack him if you want; I'm not.  He has as much right to give his feelings as those who took a knee or stood in solidarity.     

I dont need a clue. I've read the players own words or listened to their statements. I dont need to add to their thoughts or comments. I'm accepting them at face value.

As I stated, I'm not interpreting anything and certainly not "whacking" anybody. I simply compiled a handful of player comments and stated Brees is certainly entitled to have his opinion. I dont see a problem with that.

The scope of my own opinion was confined to thinking Brees comments ill timed given events....or as directly stated: "he read the tea leaves badly" (paraphrasing). Thats it. My opinion started and ended there.

There's no need to gin up "dispute" or turn this into a more complex discussion than was intended or is necessary.

IMO Brees screwed up - which we appear to agree on - which is a good thing.