NFL News & Notes

Leader

Look at his interception against Watt.  Terrible throw. 

To be fair, I've counted five interceptions so far that weren't his fault.  I've also counted four that were just really bad throws/decisions.  Lots of overthrows, lots of high throws, lots of WTF throws. 

8 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I know how much you hate projecting, or looking at the past for an indicator of future production.. but Hundley just won more games this last year in a shortened year than Kizer did. So really, it could be worse.

It could be a lot of things. Everything could be a lot of things that neither of us can know. Problem is Kizer was a rookie on a lousy team while Hundley was a third year guy on a less than lousy team. I've had my fill of Hundley. I'll roll the dice with Kizer.

Edited by Leader

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yes, and Allison played more snaps and more games with a worse QB and a crap team.  Their situations are even enough to compare them. Not necessarily.  Kizer threw 22 interceptions and 11 touchdowns last year.  Kevin Hogan had a better TD:INT ratio.  For all you or I know, Kizer sucks just as badly as Hundley. Either way, if we go another 6-7 week stretch without Rodgers, we aren't doing much this season no matter who is the backup. 

I never said I "know" anything other than I dont want see Hundley again.

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

But when Coleman played he was the first or second read.  Not true for Allison.

I can't believe the level of debate over a Brown's failed pick.

Once again, it's not about Coleman.  I'd have liked to have him or somebody else on the Browns roster that could have helped us this year.  To put it more pointedly, I wish we would have gotten somebody that could have helped Rodgers or our defense. 

Edited by Outpost31

18 minutes ago, SSG said:

Based on what?  Coleman has more than double the NFL production and has played in almost 10 fewer games due to injuries.  He's also had to deal with Brett Hundley-esk type of support from his QB for his entire NFL career (worse actually if you look at QBR).  Some must have forgotten how Allison was a waste of a roster spot after AR12 went down last year.

Based on the fact that Coleman is a bad, lazy locker room guy that Dorsey couldn't wait to get rid of and Allison is a self made guy dedicated to getting better and is in line for increased opportunity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Once again, it's not about Coleman.  I'd have liked to have him or somebody else on the Browns roster that could have helped us this year.  To put it more pointedly, I wish we would have gotten somebody that could have helped Rodgers or our defense. 

We got a bunch of them, just not in the Randall trade. Who cares what avenue they get here by?

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Based on the fact that Coleman is a bad, lazy locker room guy that Dorsey couldn't wait to get rid of and Allison is a self made guy dedicated to getting better and is in line for increased opportunity.

And Allison has that Twitter account, which can be confirmed, whereas Coleman's locker room presence is pure absolute and total conjecture. 

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

When Coleman played, he wasn't the 4th or 5th option for the team.  Can't really compare the stats given the difference in opportunity that resulted from Coleman's draft position.

Allison hasn't always been the 4th or 5th option.  He seen almost 60% of the offensive snaps in the 2015 playoffs and was awful.  Last year, he started in the last 2 games and was again awful.  I agree though that stats don't tell the whole story for either player.  Allison hasn't been a starter for the majority of his career and Coleman hasn't gotten usable QB play.

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

This is what I don't get.  Hogan had a 6/1 TD/INT ratio with Hue as head coach still.  It's not an absolute certainty that Kizer didn't just suck.  If you look through all his interceptions, he had some REALLY boneheaded interceptions.  Hue is a bad head coach, but he's not some of these interceptions bad:

I would contend that the combo of bad Hue plus Kizer putting way too much on his shoulders, thinking every drive had to end in a TD, added up to a lot of picks. Kizer does have plenty of talent to work with if you can rein him into the system. I'm down for the ol' wait and see approach. I think Randall was a better player than all the guys we could've got in return.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

We got a bunch of them, just not in the Randall trade. Who cares what avenue they get here by?

Yeah, but we could have had more of them.  I care because we lost value in the help-this-team-now department and that loss was not offset. 

35 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

This is the part this discussion has been missing.

Given the timing of this, how little they got in return, and the limited options the Browns have to replace him, one has to ask why the heck the Browns were so desperate to get him out of town?

Either he has no potential to be productive or he has had some major locker room issue that made it so he couldn't stay.  Either way, I am not sure he would be a good addition.

The Browns roster is absolutely stacked with talent.

Gordon, Landry, and Galloway all have #1 WR talent IMO.

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Allison hasn't always been the 4th or 5th option.  He seen almost 60% of the offensive snaps in the 2015 playoffs and was awful.  Last year, he started in the last 2 games and was again awful.  I agree though that stats don't tell the whole story for either player.  Allison hasn't been a starter for the majority of his career and Coleman hasn't gotten usable QB play.

He pretty much has his entire career.  Two games in garbage season does not change that.  You are really reaching on this, especially for a guy who doesn't like locker room cancers.

10 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

The Browns roster is absolutely stacked with talent.

Gordon, Landry, and Galloway all have #1 WR talent IMO.

That is not what the people who follow Cleveland are saying.  No one even knows if Gordon will play again, so counting him is a bit disingenuous.  Calloway is far from proven. He is a 4th round rookie.

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold