G
Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Int% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck SckY Rate
Player A
363 195 53.7 25.9 2,282 6.3 163 8 2.2 13 3.6 46 0 0 47 326 65.5
Player B
476 255 53.6 31.7 2,894 6.1 192.9 11 2.3 22 4.6 56T 43 3 38 226 60.5
Player C
205 112 54.6 29.3 1,089 5.3 155.6 5 2.4 7 3.4 66 12 1 26 222 63.6
C 14G Proj 14 410 224 54.6 29.3 2178 5.3 155.6 10 2.4 14 3.4 66 24 2 52 444 63.6

Posted (edited)

A Young

B Kizer

C Goff

Goff recent enough for you?????

Edited by fattlipp

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Hurts is a pretty awful comparison. Hundley will be a backup in the NFL for a decade by the time he retires, just doesn't have it as a starter. Hurts will be a RB or WR in the NFL.

I highly doubt that. Kizer is better than Hundley at this point and Gute traded for him for that reason.

The mystery of Josh Gordon's absence continues

I am speculating as to what happened: He had an anxiety attack/episode and he smoked some weed to settle down. Then he told the Browns about it and they decided to put him into the "illness or hardship" category with the League. That buys them time for him to clean out his system and keeps him from being subject to more pee testing. The NFL went along with it because he's facing a lifetime ban for his next failed drug test and they didn't want to end his career over a legit medical issue.

He's getting professional treatment now and once he's peeing clean, he'll return to the team. That's why there's no timetable from the front office

3 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I am speculating as to what happened: He had an anxiety attack/episode and he smoked some weed to settle down. Then he told the Browns about it and they decided to put him into the "illness or hardship" category with the League. That buys them time for him to clean out his system and keeps him from being subject to more pee testing. The NFL went along with it because he's facing a lifetime ban for his next failed drug test and they didn't want to end his career over a legit medical issue.

He's getting professional treatment now and once he's peeing clean, he'll return to the team. That's why there's no timetable from the front office

As long as we are speculating, I would speculate that he has a chronic mental health issue- severe depression or bipolar, maybe with some CTE thrown in, that he has historically self medicated with alcohol or marijuana.  Likely had a relapse, and whether medicated legally or illegally, will take some time to get right again.

it is too bad- enormous amount of athletic talent, but may never be at a point that a team can count on him week to week.  I do feel bad for the guy, and wish him good luck in dealing with this.

We'll have to wait till next weeks episode to see how Callaway's misadventures will be handled.....

Could've gotten Brown in the Randall trade if we just waited

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Are NFL players unable to get legit scripts for anti anxiety pills?

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

Are NFL players unable to get legit scripts for anti anxiety pills?

They can. And if its a banned substance, they just have to apply for a Therapeutic Exemption and if its a legit case, the NFL will approve

But as noted by Ragnar above, he's used to self-medicating with weed. So in a moment of crisis, he might have turned to his old friend. Pure speculation

I was just trying to figure out why they sequestered him from the team and league -  and I guessed it was because he slipped up and another failed test would be another lengthy suspension / end of career. He's in Stage 3 of the program

Or, he might just wanna get out of being on Hard Knocks....

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

They can. And if its a banned substance, they just have to apply for a Therapeutic Exemption and if its a legit case, the NFL will approve

But as noted by Ragnar above, he's used to self-medicating with weed. So in a moment of crisis, he might have turned to his old friend. Pure speculation

I was just trying to figure out why they sequestered him from the team and league -  and I guessed it was because he slipped up and another failed test would be another lengthy suspension / end of career. He's in Stage 3 of the program

Or, he might just wanna get out of being on Hard Knocks....

Tough smoke weed get in trouble causes anxiety smoke weed get in trouble causes anxiety....wonder what came first with him. Still a dam shame but there are lots of dam shames out there every day. 

Main reason this rule is going to be a problem. It's 3rd and 15 and the offense runs a draw to try to gain a few yards back, your safety comes up for a tackle and the running back lowers himself into contact position forcing the safety to do the same. Some helmet to helmet contact is inevitable. The zebra throws the flag, 15 yards, automatic first down instead of a punt. Potentially changes the course of the game on one call.

They're gonna have to scale it back to the usual - egregious helmet to helmet contact. Otherwise, it could be called on every play cause its impossible to tackle somebody up high - you know, using your shoulders - w/o your head and helmet coming along for the ride.