NFL News & Notes

Leader

On 8/11/2018 at 10:17 AM, Leader said:

Interesting their #1 draft pick wasnt part of that video at all.

That's probably because Tyrod Taylor was the current officer manager and their #1 draft pick is their future officer manager.

Got to plan ahead for future seasons of the show after all :D

16 hours ago, Leader said:

Although the uniforms are wrong, seeing this picture I was immediately reminded of the Superbowl where a Patriots pass rusher tried to come up (with his helmet) under Favre's chin to knock him out of the game. Favre just bent backwards so far, the helmet could no longer chin him. Never did like the Pats much.

In a different venue someone declared: "I support everyone's right to protest. My question is what are they doing the other 9 months of the year. Not a thing!"

So I decided to Google it for him and came up with a fairly long list. These were at the top:

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/29/16375378/nfl-players-charity-donations-jj-watt-hurricane-harvey-patrick-peterson-foundation

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/football-ops/nfl-debuts-commercial-highlighting-players-civic-off-field-efforts/

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-06-10/nfl-players-are-tackling-stem

14 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Lol. I think @AlexGreen#20 and I discussed this before. Wtf is the defender supposed to do here? If anything, this is a clear case where the offensive player initiated contact with the helmet. Imagine it's 3rd and 10 late in a big game and they call this **** on your defense for an automatic first down...

Looks like it should have been offsetting penalties. Both players were staring at the turf at the point of contact. In is taught since pee wee football that's a no-no.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Looks like it should have been offsetting penalties. Both players were staring at the turf at the point of contact. In is taught since pee wee football that's a no-no.

IMO, if you're going to flag Bouye there, you have to flag pretty much every tackle in the entire game. He wasnt using his head to initiate contact, he's defending himself and I've yet to see a form tackle in the NFL where you dont make contact with some part of your head. 

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

IMO, if you're going to flag Bouye there, you have to flag pretty much every tackle in the entire game. He wasnt using his head to initiate contact, he's defending himself and I've yet to see a form tackle in the NFL where you dont make contact with some part of your head. 

I'd have to read the rule as written, but my guess is they want to avoid guys dropping their heads like both did here.

Edited by incognito_man

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I'd have to read the rule as written, but msly guess is they want to avoid guys dropping their heads like both did here.

I think it's going to be wildly inconsistent. I don't think we've had one called on us in two games but I'd guarantee you could go back and find at least a few examples close to Bouye in that clip. Just not a fan of giving the refs yet another way to mess with the flow of the game. Cases like the hits on Adams will be obvious and should be called, but i hope it doesnt extend much further than that once the real games start.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I think it's going to be wildly inconsistent. I don't think we've had one called on us in two games but I'd guarantee you could go back and find at least a few examples close to Bouye in that clip. Just not a fan of giving the refs yet another way to mess with the flow of the game. Cases like the hits on Adams will be obvious and should be called, but i hope it doesnt extend much further than that once the real games start.

I agree. There's going to be some awful calls