NFL News & Notes

Leader

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Based on his 1 preseason start? Not worried at all about safety.

Weren't you clamoring for Reid? Based on his career. I am fine with Brice as a depth guy or 3rd safety. I think that's what he is, a fine role player. IMO he's only the starter because Burnett left and Jones hasn't taken the step the team hoped for. The plan all along when we drafted Jones was that he'd replace Burnett. You can bet when they made that pick they already knew they were letting Burnett walk the following year so here's our replacement. Hasn't worked out that way. Brice is a "we don't have any other options" starter. 

Edited by packfanfb

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Weren't you clamoring for Reid? Based on his career. I am fine with Brice as a depth guy or 3rd safety. I think that's what he is, a fine role player. IMO he's only the starter because Burnett left and Jones hasn't taken the step the team hoped for. The plan all along when we drafted Jones was that he'd replace Burnett. You can bet when they made that pick they already knew they were letting Burnett walk the following year so here's our replacement. Hasn't worked out that way. Brice is a "we don't have any other options" starter. 

Only time I clamored for Reid was when Brice was carted off and it looked like he was done. I'm totally fine with Brice and Jones. One of those two will click with reps, tons of talent there.

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

He's about equal to Sendejo, not sure the point but it makes better depth I guess.

Gives Zimmer more flexibility to run different packages, Barr has been working more at DE than any other offseason. Could very well see an extra safety slide into Barr's spot as he plays DE.

Iloka is a good player who knows the defense, Zimmer seems excited to have him.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Only time I clamored for Reid was when Brice was carted off and it looked like he was done. I'm totally fine with Brice and Jones. One of those two will click with reps, tons of talent there.

You're going on faith there. Not sure we've seen any real time proof yet. I hope we don't regret our safety position 4 games in. Too late then. Jones is still below average at best. Looks more like Rouse every day. If I were a betting man, I'd say he isn't gonna make it playing deep. Put him in the box ala Richardson and be done with it already

Edited by cannondale

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Uhh.... sure? Guess it depends on your definition of clamoring.

On 3/21/2018 at 11:46 AM, Packerraymond said:

If Morgan got 3/14.5, I'd give Reid 3/15-16 in a heartbeat.

2 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Uhh.... sure? Guess it depends on your definition of clamoring.

Was it that important to you to go back to March? Geeze dude.

If Reid signed for that I'd still be all go. A good value is a good value. I'm not sitting here pounding the table that Brice sucks and Reid needs to be brought in.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Was it that important to you to go back to March? Geeze dude.

If Reid signed for that I'd still be all go. A good value is a good value. I'm not sitting here pounding the table that Brice sucks and Reid needs to be brought in.

I just recall Reid being of interest to you around or shortly after the start of FA.

That's all. It's not like I quoted all of your posts about Reid.

Edited by Cadmus

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm an LSU guy, always liked Reid. Would for sure be happy if he came here, but I really like Brice and Jones.

Do you like Jones at safety though? As a dime/nickel backer sure, but I dont know if hes ever going to know what the hell hes doing at safety. Sometimes you either got it upstairs for that position or you don't. 

50 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Do you like Jones at safety though? As a dime/nickel backer sure, but I dont know if hes ever going to know what the hell hes doing at safety. Sometimes you either got it upstairs for that position or you don't. 

I remember how lost Collins was after year 1 and 2. Reps, reps, reps. Takes longer for some to see it, but eventually it clicks.