NFL News & Notes

Leader

18 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Based on his 1 preseason start? Not worried at all about safety.

I probably wouldn't use the word worried either. But I definitely don't see it as the strength some seem to. HaHa is a good player at large and smart as they come. Brice can be a solid tone setter type also. Whitehead might be the player I'm most comfortable with on the field after those two right now though. Think I'd follow Whitehead with Rollins too, again, right now. Jones, Evans, and Greene look lost out there at the moment. Hope they can figure out a role for Jones until the rest slows down for him. You'd hate to waste that skill set.

3 hours ago, palmy50 said:

I probably wouldn't use the word worried either. But I definitely don't see it as the strength some seem to. HaHa is a good player at large and smart as they come. Brice can be a solid tone setter type also. Whitehead might be the player I'm most comfortable with on the field after those two right now though. Think I'd follow Whitehead with Rollins too, again, right now. Jones, Evans, and Greene look lost out there at the moment. Hope they can figure out a role for Jones until the rest slows down for him. You'd hate to waste that skill set.

Was the way Dom used him vs Cincy last year different than the rest of the season? Guy looked like a perennial All Pro that game. 

Just a random good game where everything went right or a blueprint for how to use Jones?

40 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

It doesn’t concern you that we haven’t heard anything positive about Josh Jones? Even last year he was making plays in TC. 

Why does everybody get so hung up on what they hear about training camp?  People compared James Jones to Marvin Harrison in training camp his rookie year.  Trevor Davis got hyped up by some people in his rookie year.  Kenny Clark was a bust based on training camp.  Eddie Lacy sucked.  You didn't hear a thing about Bakhtiari.  Nobody ever anticipated Hayward's rookie year based off training camp.

Who cares what's said about somebody in training camp?  Last year he was DROY candidate and played poorly at best.  This year you hear nothing and you assume that means he's going to be even worse? 

This isn't so much you I'm ranting about, but everybody.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Seeing the Niners trade Eli Harold to the Lions and other trades like that.  Always makes me think of this...

KindlyDeterminedBudgie-size_restricted.g

Except with trades instead of inside jokes. 

What if I told you there was this guy that played college football at Notre Dame and we acquired his services by sending a corner safety hybrid to another team?  AND we did it this calendar year? 

• Like 1

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

What if I told you there was this guy that played college football at Notre Dame and we acquired his services by sending a corner safety hybrid to another team?  AND we did it this calendar year? 

Dumb trades don't count. 

37 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Browns and Eagles both playing dominant defense tonight. Hard to believe since both Schwartz and Williams coach from the sideline. How are they seeing the field?? ??

It's a preference thing and obviously it's possible to be successful either way.