NFL News & Notes

Leader

First it was Golden Tate, then it was Lynch.  Now it is Graham, Bennett and Sherman.

Could be the locker room.  We've heard for years that while a good player on the field, Russell Wilson isn't universally beloved by his teammates.

On the management side...keeping a top tier roster becomes a lot more difficult when you have to pay your franchise quarterback.

Seattle is just going through those growing pains.  Aging roster, QB who is good enough to win enough games on his own to make sure they aren't drafting high too often.  

That seems like a pretty good deal for Bennett, who isn't super expensive at 6-8M per year, and is still productive at both the DE and rush DT positions.

Strange that Philly, who is 10M over the cap went with Bennett, adding another 7M in cap to their books.

Seeing all these trades makes me want to see us make one.  I don't even really care which player it is or if it's us trading a player.  I just want us to make one to show that it's not going to be exactly the same thing it was with Thompson.  Not even that I disliked Thompson because I wasn't one of those guys.  I just want something to surprise me this year.  Even though it would be really funny for all the Fire Thompson people to realize that it wasn't Thompson, it was the Packers. 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Seeing all these trades makes me want to see us make one.  I don't even really care which player it is or if it's us trading a player.  I just want us to make one to show that it's not going to be exactly the same thing it was with Thompson.  Not even that I disliked Thompson because I wasn't one of those guys.  I just want something to surprise me this year.  Even though it would be really funny for all the Fire Thompson people to realize that it wasn't Thompson, it was the Packers. 

So are we not counting being the very 1st visit for the best DL on the market as a "surprise" ?

Just now, Packerraymond said:

So are we not counting being the very 1st visit for the best DL on the market as a "surprise" ?

No.  The only difference is we know about it.  Thompson signed Peppers.  Peppers had been cut.  Wilkerson literally fits the exact mold of nearly every free agent Thompson has signed over the past 5 years. 

Additionally, we aren't signing him.  I hate to break that news to Packer fans, but Wilkerson is going to get an offer from us, then tell the Raiders what we offered him, and the Raiders will offer a million more guaranteed.  We aren't signing him. 

Edited by HorizontoZenith

6 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Dumping Curry, Celek, Mychal Kendricks nets them a big bag of cap space

still leaves them 8M over the cap...  they have some restructurings (deferring costs to future years) or real cuts to make.

Also strange because it was cheaper to keep curry than to trade for Bennett... guess they are really down on curry.

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

No.  The only difference is we know about it.  Thompson signed Peppers.  Peppers had been cut.  Wilkerson literally fits the exact mold of nearly every free agent Thompson has signed over the past 5 years. 

Additionally, we aren't signing him.  I hate to break that news to Packer fans, but Wilkerson is going to get an offer from us, then tell the Raiders what we offered him, and the Raiders will offer a million more guaranteed.  We aren't signing him. 

then Twitter will blow up with #fireGutekunst and the circle will be complete.