NFL News & Notes

Leader

14 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

So it looks like he will be traded instead. My top guess would be Philly, but I could see the rams or New England... Anyone else? 

GB?  Conditional late round pick in 2019.  Talent is there, maybe a non dysfunctional lockerroom and organization would be a benefit.

Will Josh Gordon sign with a new NFL team this season?

Yes -300
No +200

If yes, what team will he sign with?

NE +150
GB +200
TEN +250
JAX/DAL/IND/NYG +400
NYJ +500
ARI/SEA +600
CHI/PHI +1000
SF +1200
Any other team +500

Odds via @betmybookie

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Since the Packers were first and Bears second in the Mack odds, and since the Patriots are first and were second in the Gordon odds, might as well buy his jersey.

Start a “Get Gordon” thread.  We need something new to obsess about around here.  Doubt it will get past 10 pages though, with nine of those pages with your posts alone.

GB gonna sign a vet WR who can't get out of his own way and was/will be cut by the Browns of all teams. This after years of knowing how demanding Rodgers is when it comes to skill players around him knowing their crap and being reliable and who chastised the rookie WR's for a sloppy scout team session earlier in camp? Suuuuuure

• Like 1

This is a new one......

"Vontae Davis, a two-time Pro Bowler who had been playing his first season in Buffalo after nine years with Miami and Indianapolis, retired halfway through Sunday’s 31-20 loss to the Chargers, according to his team

The Bills were down 28-6 after the first 30 minutes, a week after getting destroyed, 47-3, by the Ravens.

Coach Sean McDermott: “He pulled himself out of the game. He told us he was done.”

Davis changed into street clothes at the break, said he was done and left the stadium"

I guess he figured: "I'm not dying young for this train wreck"

On 9/15/2018 at 11:13 PM, Outpost31 said:

Since the Packers were first and Bears second in the Mack odds, and since the Patriots are first and were second in the Gordon odds, might as well buy his jersey.

I have minimal desire to add him, unless the Pats are the favorite, I want him worse than Mack then. The Pats look totally pedestrian with their current offensive skillset. Please all the other teams of the NFL keep it that way. Gordon could be unfair with Brady.