NFL News & Notes

Leader

Although I get what Ray is saying the Pats can have him. He's a locker room cancer our vets wouldn't want him on the team unless he could show he's really working at things. Plus we just dropped 3 pics on Rooks. Just don't see him bringing a championship anywhere. He's a head case.

29 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Although I get what Ray is saying the Pats can have him. He's a locker room cancer our vets wouldn't want him on the team unless he could show he's really working at things. Plus we just dropped 3 pics on Rooks. Just don't see him bringing a championship anywhere. He's a head case.

There no record of him being a locker room cancer. At all. He's had (has?) a substance abuse problem.
He's not out beating anybody up. Not getting arrested in car accidents.

He could be a one year rental - CHEAP.

We have Cobb and Allison coming off the books next year - when the rookies are gonna start contributing.

We'd have a year (almost complete) to figure out if he fits in to our future.

PR said it straight. He's Julio level talent. Could the Packers use Julio level talent? Every day - especially on Sundays.

We've the most accurate QB in the NFL who can also chuck it 70 yards.

One of these days the GBPs are gonna load up on talent. One day. Apparently not today.

IMO.

He will piss hot again most likely. For a fifth it's certainly worth all the risk. but I don't see him putting up Moss numbers. 

Amazing though, the Pats have a huge need at a position and make a trade DURING THE SEASON for a player at that position. ?? I wonder what that feels like

Edited by sgtcheezwiz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

There no record of him being a locker room cancer. At all. He's had (has?) a substance abuse problem.
He's not out beating anybody up. Not getting arrested in car accidents.

He could be a one year rental - CHEAP.

We have Cobb and Allison coming off the books next year - when the rookies are gonna start contributing.

We'd have a year (almost complete) to figure out if he fits in to our future.

PR said it straight. He's Julio level talent. Could the Packers use Julio level talent? Every day - especially on Sundays.

We've the most accurate QB in the NFL who can also chuck it 70 yards.

One of these days the GBPs are gonna load up on talent. One day. Apparently not today.

IMO.

One would have to be allow in the locker room to be a cancer i guess i should have noted. I'm reading between the lines Leader. I woudln't want him on my team unless i could really know he was cleaned up and ready to work his arse off.

Rental cheap, we have cheap already we aern't hurting at the position.

I'd take 10 Cobb's and 5 Allisons compared to one or any Josh Gordon's. NO offense but coming from team sports myself I'd rather play beside a good decent guy that shows up every week and every game vs a super star who shows up when he does or better yet can't show up cause he's suspended again.

Sorry it's hard to compare him to Julio i'd say maybe Koren Robinson?

Who cares how good AR could be with Josh Gordon he'll be suspended likely right away:)

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I hate the Browns of effing much right now.  I just hope this backfires in the Patriots somehow.  Every team in the AFC should have sent a fourth just to prevent the Patriots from getting it.

This could be good outpost they've had some issues in PAT land the last couple years a guy like Gordon should be funny there. From the Brownies with all the support to the rigid world of the PATS..........get your popcorn ready.

22 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

One would have to be allow in the locker room to be a cancer i guess i should have noted. I'm reading between the lines Leader. I woudln't want him on my team unless i could really know he was cleaned up and ready to work his arse off.

Rental cheap, we have cheap already we aern't hurting at the position.

I'd take 10 Cobb's and 5 Allisons compared to one or any Josh Gordon's. NO offense but coming from team sports myself I'd rather play beside a good decent guy that shows up every week and every game vs a super star who shows up when he does or better yet can't show up cause he's suspended again.

Sorry it's hard to compare him to Julio i'd say maybe Koren Robinson?

Who cares how good AR could be with Josh Gordon he'll be suspended likely right away:)

You find out the facts behind his recent behavior - and make a decision.
You want a potentially high ceiling guy - for bargain basement pricing?
Or are you so confident you've got it all covered you can take a pass.

The GBPs WR position is in flux. This year and next. 
I'm all in regards the rookie WR's but (barring injury) their payoff probably wont be seen (in full at least) until 2019.
For a fifth - I see if a guy with Gordon's skills can be made part of that future and you've got a full season to get a sense of the guy.

Risk reward.
Low risk (and cost) - potentially high reward.
You take no risk - you get no reward.
Its really that simple.

I see it as an opportunity lost and now NE holds all the cards.

Edited by Leader

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

You find out the facts behind his recent behavior - and make a decision.
You want a potentially high ceiling guy - for bargain basement pricing?
Or are you so confident you've got it all covered you can take a pass.

The GBPs WR position is in flux. This year and next. 
For a fifth - I see if a guy with Gordon's skills can be made part of that future.

Risk reward.
Low risk (and cost) - potentially high reward.
You take no risk - you get no reward.
Its really that simple.

I see it as an opportunity lost and now NE holds all the cards.

Some internet genius is trying to second guess Bill Bellichick, LOL! Leader, you are wasting your breath with facts here. If this guy doesn't see the risk being more than worth the reward, no hope! 

I wish we had made this move, but would rather we make a move for an EDGE rusher. Probably can't have both! 

• Like 1