NFL News & Notes

Leader

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

No.  The only difference is we know about it.  Thompson signed Peppers.  Peppers had been cut.  Wilkerson literally fits the exact mold of nearly every free agent Thompson has signed over the past 5 years. 

Additionally, we aren't signing him.  I hate to break that news to Packer fans, but Wilkerson is going to get an offer from us, then tell the Raiders what we offered him, and the Raiders will offer a million more guaranteed.  We aren't signing him. 

Man you're just a big bundle of joy lol.

People could make a comment probably about every single player who moves teams, but I loved Ogeltree coming out of Georgia. I haven't watched him a ton since he has been in the league, but I've been under the impression he's played pretty well. For a 4th and 6th I would've done it in a heart beat. I know he was nearing the end of his rookie contract. ILB hasn't been a huge premium in GB for a number of year, and I imagine Ogeltree will be getting paid decently in the near future. Still would have been fun to dream about him playing for this team. Thoughts?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:
ore

Jordan Schultz Retweeted Dianna Russi

For better or worse, one executive tells me there are about to be an onslaught of trades, including ones with marquee players. Bennett just the beginning. Buckle up!

Many vet players have big roster bonuses due in just a few days- they're often tied to the start of the new league year

Michael Bennett had $4 million due, now Seattle doesn't have to write that check

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

At least the Patriots are releasing Bennett.  Hopefully nobody signs him. 

Better yet, hope he signs with an NFCN team....so basically only the Vikes or Lions since we already know how the Bears and Packers feel about him

17 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Jordan Schultz Retweeted Dianna Russini

For better or worse, one executive tells me there are about to be an onslaught of trades, including ones with marquee players. Bennett just the beginning. Buckle up!

Joe Thomas to GB! It's finally happening

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Many vet players have big roster bonuses due in just a few days- they're often tied to the start of the new league year

Michael Bennett had $4 million due, now Seattle doesn't have to write that check

Are you assuming I didn't know this Shane, if so I feel insulted.

Just now, deltarich87 said:

Joe Thomas to GB! It's finally happening

There will be a significant amount of trades, so much so that 3 or 4 teams won't be involved in any of them.  The Packers will be one of the teams not involved.

Nothing is going to be remotely different from the way Thompson operated. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

There will be a significant amount of trades, so much so that 3 or 4 teams won't be involved in any of them.  The Packers will be one of the teams not involved.

Nothing is going to be remotely different from the way Thompson operated. 

i-m-not-superstitious-but-i-am-a-little-

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Are you assuming I didn't know this Shane, if so I feel insulted.

"Well, you see, Norm, it’s like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it’s the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

"Well, you see, Norm, it’s like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it’s the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

Well I know my excuse for why I drink so much that'll I will use from now on.

• Like 1