NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Peterson will be the Safety.  

Is it bad I always thought he should play safety but ALSO thought he was one of the best prospects I've ever seen. **** don't jive but that's how I felt.

Then again, I thought Arrington was the best LBer I ever saw. Hell, in college, still do.

Edited by Norm

Patriots at Bears

That should of course be Packers fans’ first choice, but in reality we still have to pull for the Bears to lose here. Chicago has a slight lead on the Packers in the division (based on winning percentage) and this would go down in the common opponent tiebreaker category should the Bears have a tie later in the season and have tiebreakers come into play.

Panthers at Eagles

Currently, the NFC has just seven teams teams above .500, with three teams who are not winning their division above that mark. The Packers and Vikings are tied at 3-2-1, while Carolina sits at 3-2 and the Eagles are 3-3 — and both of them sit behind the leaders in their respective divisions. In this case, I’m going Eagles, and here’s why: I don’t think the NFC East gets multiple teams in the playoffs, and I think the Panthers have a very good shot of being in the Wild Card hunt. An Eagles win knocks Carolina back behind the Packers.

Vikings at Jets

I sure hope I don’t need to explain this one. Fight on, Sam Darnold. J-E-T-S!

Browns at Buccaneers

Tampa is 2-3, while the Browns are 2-3-1. Pull for the Browns for an AFC victory over an NFC team, but also because they’re the Browns and it would be entertaining to see them relevant past week two.

Lions at Dolphins

It’s Brocktober. After Osweiler and Albert Wilson went bonkers on the Bears’ supposedly excellent pass defense last Sunday, here’s hoping they can do the same to the Lions’ 28th-ranked unit (by DVOA). A win would pull the Lions up to .500. Don’t let that happen.

Saints at Ravens

Pull for the Ravens here. If the Packers can get to the top of the NFC North, they’ll probably need to find a way ahead of New Orleans to get a first-round bye.

Cowboys at Washington

Anything that keeps the NFC East a tight race and keeps the teams as close to .500 as possible is good for the Packers. In this case, that’s a Dallas win, which would bring them up to 4-3 but knocks Washington down to 3-3 and beneath the Packers.

Rams at 49ers

Would you rather the Packers play a Rams team that’s 7-0 and full of confidence or one that’s 6-1 and ticked off about a surprise road upset to a 1-5 49ers squad? Yeah, a Rams loss would help, since they’ll need to lose three times for the Packers to even have a shot at catching them for the top spot in the NFC. Root for it, but don’t count on it.

SNF: Bengals at Chiefs

See the other AFC games above, as the Packers don’t have a horse in this race. But it’s probably one that would be worth tuning in for. Watch for some potential offensive explosions from Pat Mahomes (because he’s Pat Mahomes) and Andy Dalton (because the Chiefs’ defense is garbage).

MNF: Giants at Falcons

Go G-Men! Sure, both teams are at least two games under .500 — New York is 1-5 and the Falcons are 2-4 — but if one of these teams can make any semblance of a run and threaten for a playoff spot, it’s Atlanta. Sure, a Falcons win would make the Packers’ schedule an iota better, but as we’ve noted before, that tiebreaker probably won’t come into play and I’d rather see these two teams both leave this week at 2-5 than give the Falcons any real hope of challenging for a playoff spot.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2018/10/18/17989948/packers-fans-2018-bye-week-rooting-guide-patriots-bears-eagles-panthers-giants-falcons

From USAToday:

"T.J. Lang visited several neurologists after suffering the sixth documented concussion of his NFL career last month trying to answer one very complicated question: Should he continue to play football. And while the Pro Bowl guard received conflicting opinions on what impact brain injuries will have on his long-term health, Lang said Thursday he’s comfortable right now returning to the field. “The biggest question I had was, do you guys feel safe?” the Detroit Lions offensive lineman said. “Do you think I’ll be safe to return once I’m fully back healthy, and I think most of them said yeah. And that gave me a lot of comfort knowing that, hey, when this thing’s all settled and gone then basically hit the reset button and continue to play.”

Just wandered thru some of the QB sacks.

The top 10 sacked QB's:
Watson - 26
Prescott - 23
Allen - 21
Eli - 20
AR - 19
Cousins - 19
Wilson - 19
Mariota - 19
Mayfield - 18
Ryan - 17

I dont like AR and Eli being so close to each other in this stat.

The least sacked starting QB's:
Mahomes - 8
Big Ben - 9
Rivers - 9
Brees - 9
Brady - 9
Cam - 10
Stafford - 10

Also - noted Andrew Lucks stats and it seems he's quietly having a nice bounce back year. He's only been sacked 10 times - so either the INDY OL has come to play this year or Luck's (finally) getting rid of the ball. Dont know which it is.

Oh - Jared Goff's been sacked 13 times so far.

Edited by Leader

37 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Amari Cooper traded to the Cowboys for a 1st round pick.  Jerruh has to be on drugs.

He has trouble getting off press coverage and he's prone to drops. Yet gruden got a first for Cooper. Gotta give him credit. 

On 10/18/2018 at 1:42 PM, Outpost31 said:

Bidwell just said the Cardinals aren't trading Patrick Peterson, so we're definitely trading for him. 

Only question is who is best to play safety.  Breeland, King, Williams? 

Alexander, King, Peterson, Jackson, Breeland, Williams, Clinton-Dix. 

Name a better secondary.  Or at least a more promising one. 

Reunite Mathieu with Peterson next season.  Back-to-back Super Bowls. 

Jackson at Safety - King and Peterson outside - Jaire slot - Tramon Dime DB 

Profit.

• Like 1