NFL News & Notes

Leader

Not exactly NFL news but Rodgers’ former top receiver at Cal battling cancer and has many former teammates, including Rodgers, helping him out. We have many problems in this country but having the resources that we do and not guaranteeing health care to all of our citizens is inexcusable. It would go a long way in equalizing the gap between the richest and poorest not to mention give people the security and flexibility to be covered in between jobs. 

https://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Cal-football-legend-Geoff-McArthur-has-cancer-17199233.php

• Like 5

5 hours ago, packfanfb said:

@CWood21 looks like they agreed on some middle ground of the old rules. Basically 4-game IR.

Seems like the most logical solution.  I didn't think they'd go back to original IR rules, but didn't think they'd stick with COVID-IR rules either.

Interesting revelations. I think this makes it more likely that we see Jenkins or Tonyan on the IR to start the season. Also sounds like PUP is still a 6 week option that wouldn't burn one of your 8 players designated to return. Should be interesting to see how teams manage that this season.

Practice squad is interesting too. We can really afford to stash some luxuries like ST replacements in case of injury, like Rico Gafford or a spare LS. Love the veteran increase.

9 hours ago, Sandy said:

Interesting revelations. I think this makes it more likely that we see Jenkins or Tonyan on the IR to start the season. Also sounds like PUP is still a 6 week option that wouldn't burn one of your 8 players designated to return. Should be interesting to see how teams manage that this season.

Practice squad is interesting too. We can really afford to stash some luxuries like ST replacements in case of injury, like Rico Gafford or a spare LS. Love the veteran increase.

If you IR a player before cuts, they are lost for the season. So we'd have to cut down to 51 players, wait a few days, IR Jenkins and Tonyan and then hope the last two guys we wanted for our roster don't get claimed or sign elsewhere.

More likely we just carry them on the roster or PUP them. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If you IR a player before cuts, they are lost for the season. So we'd have to cut down to 51 players, wait a few days, IR Jenkins and Tonyan and then hope the last two guys we wanted for our roster don't get claimed or sign elsewhere.

More likely we just carry them on the roster or PUP them. 

When I made my way too early roster predictions, I did cut down to 50 before adding my last few players.  That was without seeing anything from anyone this season, so things will be different.  But I looked at stuff like, if we risk Innis Gaines to waivers and lose him, is there that much of a difference if instead we sign Shawn Davis?  Or are both Ray Wilborn and Ty Summers going to get scooped up if we release them and come calling with a roster spot 3 days later?  

33 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Ravens preseason games are about to be HOT FIRE!!!

BALT currently has five QBs on their roster and unless there's some perceived problem with Tyrod Huntley - I'd figure him to have the backup spot sewn up. So Hundley's signing may be nothing more than camp arm (cant say if he's practice squad eligible anymore).

Brett's career earnings: 6M

Warren Sharp -   20+ air yard catches last yr:

38: TB/ARI
36: DAL
34: MIN
33: SEA/LV
32: BUF
31: GB/LAR
29: KC
28: LAC
27: CIN
25: PHI