NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

What is going on with these young athletes suddenly dying. Yesterday it was a 25-year-old former 1st round pick in the NBA. Today, Jaylon Ferguson, 26 of the Ravens suddenly passes away. 

So sad these young men died. I'm curious what the cause of death was in each case. I don't think this was drug related from the vibe of the stories. 

Sometimes, you just die.

I went to college with Damien Nash.  He collapsed at a charity basketball game and died.  He was 25.  The charity event was raising money for people who needed heart transplants... He died from an undiagnosed heart condition.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Sometimes, you just die.

I went to college with Damien Nash.  He collapsed at a charity basketball game and died.  He was 25.  The charity event was raising money for people who needed heart transplants... He died from an undiagnosed heart condition.

I was once told that "often the initial indication of a heart/cardiovascular issues is a massive heart attack" - so if that happens and you aren't in the right place at the right time, it's fatal. 

45 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

In related news, Tony Siragusa dead at the age of 55. One of my favorite non-Packers. The Art Donovan of his time. 

He always came across as a huge jerk to me. 

But that allegation will probably be sent my way when I kick the bucket myself, so fair is fair. 

• Like 1

Mike Clemens

@MikeClemensNFL
· 17h
Several black bears have been spotted this week in Wisconsin, and around the Milwaukee area. Experts say it is the time of year bears are in search of food, a mating partner, and a quarterback.

• Like 2

Adam Schefter -   Dolphins’ WR Tyreek Hill said on the newest episode of his podcast that he received death threats on social media after he said he thought Tua Tagovailoa was a more accurate passer than Patrick Mahomes.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter -   Dolphins’ WR Tyreek Hill said on the newest episode of his podcast that he received death threats on social media after he said he thought Tua Tagovailoa was a more accurate passer than Patrick Mahomes.

Were the threats from Chiefs fans or Dolphins fans?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Every public figure on the Internet who complains about hateful comments and death threats without posting receipts is a giant coward. 

I got called the N word on Reddit a week ago. Report it. Block the person. Move on. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Every public figure on the Internet who complains about hateful comments and death threats without posting receipts is a giant coward. 

I got called the N word on Reddit a week ago. Report it. Block the person. Move on. 

@Norm and I have been BJing guys who post bad for awhile now. We are visionaries.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Do you think Hill was more or less scared than the women he beat?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Is receiving death threats on social media even a high bar?  Saying anything even mildly controversial as a public figure would get it done.

Depends on your politics. If you're a member of the party, death threats are a sign of the oncoming facist wave and must be ground down. If you're not a member of the party, well it only makes sense that your wrong-think is being called out by concerned people. 

NOTE: THIS IS NOT ONE PARTY RELATED. BOTH SIDES DO THIS.

Edited by AlexGreen#20