NFL News & Notes

Leader

Adam Schefter -   Commanders’ Terry McLaurin is signing a 3-year extension worth up to $71 million in new money that places him amongst the NFL’s top-five highest-paid WRs, sources tell ESPN. Buddy Baker and Tony Bonagura of Exclusive Sports Group finalized deal today w/ Washington SVP Rob Rogers.

15 hours ago, JordanLoveFTW said:

[removed]

@jordanLoveFTW has been banned.

Next time please don't reply to this this kind of garbage post.  I had to delete dozens of posts to clean it up.   Also, keep you comments to football in this topic.  Don't discuss forum administration and don't post off-topic comments.  

• Like 4

On 6/27/2022 at 4:49 PM, PossibleCabbage said:

I don't think any grand jury would indict a famous and powerful man who is credibly accused of sexual assault no manner how many people are accusing him, barring overwhelming evidence like "there's a video."

Per RAINN, out of every 1,000 sexual assaults only 28 will result in a felony conviction.  Now add in America's fondness for "letting powerful people off the hook" and the chance goes to zero.

Listening to RAINN about this kind of thing is like listening to the NRA about gun violence. 

2 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Baker Mayfield sounds like he won't be back even if Watson is suspended for the year. So Browns will likely have Jacoby Brissett as their starting QB. How do Browns fans not just give up?

I mean, who didn't think this would blow up in the Browns' face when it all started?  

7 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I mean, who didn't think this would blow up in the Browns' face when it all started?  

That's a really good question.  Still can't believe not only did they trade away the farm for him but then turn around a give him a fully guaranteed 230 mil contract.  Just a horrible decision.  I'm absolutely floored.  Some will argue well this isn't for the short term but it's a long term play.  Um OK so the guy doesn't play at all last year and most likely won't again this year either.  

No worries he'll be better then ever once he sees the field right?  Meanwhile he receive a chorus of boos everywhere he goes.  No incentive to play well either.  He'll get the cash regardless.  Short term long term I just don't see how this will end well for the Browns.  It's going to go down as the dumbest trade in NFL history.  They just set the franchise back a decade. 

17 hours ago, Webmaster said:

Also, keep you comments to football in this topic.  Don't discuss forum administration and don't post off-topic comments.  

Thank you.

To be fair to the poster that was banned, and I don't know what he said, but most of the posts here are off-topic and lot of them are pretty vulgar. It's the normal behavior here. I have responded to some of it which I'll no longer do.

10 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Baker Mayfield sounds like he won't be back even if Watson is suspended for the year. So Browns will likely have Jacoby Brissett as their starting QB. How do Browns fans not just give up?

The Browns are funny. They have two high-end QBs that wont play for them... You can't make that stuff up, lol.