NFL News & Notes

Leader

21 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

There's this weird thing in America where cops act like one microgram is instantly fatal and people are trying to poison police officers with it, but that's just paranoia.

I feel like it's been established now that police are actually big fraidy-cats so it's unsurprising. 

Demaryius Thomas, who died this past December at age 33, had CTE.  https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34196429/boston-university-researchers-say-late-nfl-star-wide-receiver-demaryius-thomas-suffered-degenerative-brain-disease-cte

Family members say that in addition to the seizures which began in 2020, Thomas also struggled with what has come to be known as common conditions associated with CTE: memory loss, paranoia and other erratic behavior, especially in the last year before he died.

"His mood would change, and he would also isolate himself sometimes," Thomas' mother, Katina Stuckey Smith, told ABC News. "He was, like, 'Mom, I don't know what's going on with my body. You know, I gotta get myself together,' and he said, 'I don't feel like myself anymore.'"

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Good for Baker.  Week One could be really interesting to watch.

This might be the pettiest game in NFL history.  Carolina's OL isn't good, and Clevelands DL might have it out for their former leader.  Meanwhile Baker's elite trait is pettiness.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Justin Houston signs a 1 year deal to stay with the Ravens.  There goes a possible EDGE3.

I'd still love a little JPP.  

I'm not sure 7 fingers has anything left in the tank. He only had 2.5 sacks last year and disappeared in a lot of games. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'm not sure 7 fingers has anything left in the tank. He only had 2.5 sacks last year and disappeared in a lot of games. 

As EDGE3 and a possible spot starter, he would be wonderful.  Mercilus didn't have a lot left either, obviously.  JPP is better now than Mercilus was last year.

Only thing I don't love about JPP is the fact that he has a ring.  He may not be as hungry as someone without a ring.  But now I'm splitting hairs.