NFL News & Notes

Leader

If MVS proves to be the best WR on the KC roster, the Chiefs have every bit the issue at WR that GB has.  Which in reality, isn't much of an issue at all.  Success in the passing game is about the QB, not the receivers.  KC and GB will both be fine as long as the QB1 is healthy.  I am 100% good with GB not paying either of the Adams/MVS contracts.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

MVS is an easy cut if he doesn't produce the way that you would want.  I would 100% take him on that contract. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/marquez-valdes-scantling-25275/

Yeah, in context of what has gone on with WR contracts, this is a good one.  He obviously has strengths going long, which helps any offense, and had shown he was improving other aspects of his game.  Good signing for them and even though he could have stayed for a bigger role here, it’s not like he signed with Cleveland. He’ll be in a Reid offense with Mahomes under center. Hope he destroys any defense not wearing Green and Gold. 

Edited by Refugee

On 7/8/2022 at 1:59 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

I still want a single game ppv option.

I have very little interest in watching any Panthers games.  But I sure would like to see week one between the Browns and Mayfield.  

I actually think this exists right now (if you go to a game on Sunday Ticket on DirecTV it will show the price as 59.95 I believe) but of course that price point sucks.  Also, the problem is that you need to have DirecTV which is a major commitment.  That’s what will be nice about the streaming services having it—it’s just a month to month thing you can easily cancel. Whereas, with DirecTV you have to have equipment installed and are beholden to some contract and pay exorbitant monthly fees. The nice thing about DIrecTV having it is you can record to your DVR and playback is so much smoother and just generally easy than any streaming would be. 

I’m a dinosaur and still have DirecTV. They’ve given me Sunday Ticket free the last two years unsolicited (I didn’t call and threaten to cancel as was the trick in the past).  I want to get rid of it (I’m on their lowest tier, unadvertised, “family” plan), but am so addicted to the DVR. I’ve tried an OTA one, but I guess I chose poorly (Amazon FireTV), because it’s just too glitchy.  Probably need to re-evaluate come January. 

1 hour ago, mikebpackfan said:

I actually think this exists right now (if you go to a game on Sunday Ticket on DirecTV it will show the price as 59.95 I believe) but of course that price point sucks.  Also, the problem is that you need to have DirecTV which is a major commitment.  That’s what will be nice about the streaming services having it—it’s just a month to month thing you can easily cancel. Whereas, with DirecTV you have to have equipment installed and are beholden to some contract and pay exorbitant monthly fees. The nice thing about DIrecTV having it is you can record to your DVR and playback is so much smoother and just generally easy than any streaming would be. 

I’m a dinosaur and still have DirecTV. They’ve given me Sunday Ticket free the last two years unsolicited (I didn’t call and threaten to cancel as was the trick in the past).  I want to get rid of it (I’m on their lowest tier, unadvertised, “family” plan), but am so addicted to the DVR. I’ve tried an OTA one, but I guess I chose poorly (Amazon FireTV), because it’s just too glitchy.  Probably need to re-evaluate come January. 

My parents have DirecTV.  I like it, but the rub is two fold for me.  1.  I don't really watch TV except for live sports, so I don't want to pay for anything else.  2.  I cannot install DirecTV in my current living arrangement whether I wanted to or not. 

We have had free streams on Twitter and Amazon already.  What I am wanting is like a $10 per game thing, where I am still beholden to the local market, but I can pay $10 to stream, for example, the Bills game.  Make it easy, only allow me to watch that one game, or pay another $10 if I want to watch the 49ers.  That way they still get their ad revenue, and some added cash to it.  And I don't have to go to some mystery 3rd party site to watch it for free, and add who knows what else to my computer.

2 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

I have a Roku on my television at the cottage.  It's been great.  I get a streaming Spectrum service for about $20/month.  10 channels from them and all the local stations.  Then I stream Prime and Netflix.  No glitches.  But I think I upgraded my internet speed to support the streaming services.

But it's worked well for me and I'm saving about $200/month over my prior cable subscription up there.

38 minutes ago, R T said:

N'Keal Harry traded from the Patriots to the Bears today for a 7th round pick in 2024. 

How many Packer fans were pounding the table for the Packers to draft him in the 1st round in 2019? 

Amazing he was only worth a 7th rounder. 

1 hour ago, R T said:

N'Keal Harry traded from the Patriots to the Bears today for a 7th round pick in 2024. 

How many Packer fans were pounding the table for the Packers to draft him in the 1st round in 2019? 

Was he really that big of a name for us overall? I don't recall a million people wanting him here anyways. 

1 hour ago, R T said:

Wait. Wasn't everybody for Gary? 😛

I do recall liking Jeffery Simmons. 

4 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

there were definitely people pounding the table

Oh sure. I don't remember it being a huge movement I guess.

I just went and scanned that draft and I'm dying that I was a huge Andy Isabella fan, in general, and he went before DK lol damn

I wanted a lot of guys that suck or are pretty average.. Glad I wasn't the GM. 

• Like 2