NFL News & Notes

Leader

20 minutes ago, Norm said:

He was hurt right? I remember liking him but I just don't like drafting injured dudes

He started all 13 games as a senior. Prior to his freshman season, he was involved in a fight in which he was filmed punching a woman. Had no incidents after that, but some teams might have refused to consider him because of it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

He started all 13 games as a senior. Prior to his freshman season, he was involved in a fight in which he was filmed punching a woman. Had no incidents after that, but some teams might have refused to consider him because of it. 

Must be thinking of someone else. Swore that was the dude lots wanted butt I just couldn't get into it because of injury

12 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Ed Oliver, who went 9th, had a knee injury that limited him to 8 games in 2018. 

Damn forgot all about that dude. Wonder how good he's been.. First glance doesn't look super special by any means

13 hours ago, Norm said:

Damn forgot all about that dude. Wonder how good he's been.. First glance doesn't look super special by any means

He's a Bill and their defense is very good, right?  I think Oliver has been a plus for them, though I don't see many Bills games.

Still I'd rather have Gary or Simmons over Oliver right now.  

I didn't want Simmons because of injury and the video.  

Also...I didn't want Gary.  At all.  He proved me wrong.  You and I can sit at the "Not GM Material" table.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

there were definitely people pounding the table

I don't recall that.  But I will take your word for it.  I do recall some push back against that draft because Gary was a project.  We also took a guard in the second round.

Maybe it is because I don't pay a ton of attention to WRs.  Funnily enough, we have drafted 3 of my favorite WRs in recent years:  EQ, Watson, and Doubs.  Let's hope my prognostication is better with the second two than it was for the first one.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jaire_Island said:

More than Ed Oliver, people wants us to take Brian Burns

I was on that bandwagon.  Still like Burns, he would have been a fine pick.  Not knocking Gary, no buyers remorse, but Burns is a good player, too.