NFL News & Notes

Leader

NY Post -   Bennet Omalu, the famed neuropathologist who discovered Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE) in former football players, has advised that Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa “stop playing” football after suffering a concussion last Thursday.

“Tua, my brother. I love you,” Omalu to TMZ. “I love you as much as I love my son. Stop playing. Stop. Hang your helmet and gallantly walk away.”

Tagovailoa was stretchered off the field in Miami’s loss to the Bengals on “Thursday Night Football” after the back of his head crashed into the ground following on a hit by Cincinnati nose tackle Josh Tupou.

The quarterback’s fingers flexed in a “fencing response,” and he remained on the field for nearly 10 minutes before he was carted off and subsequently hospitalized. It came just four days after he appeared wobbly after appearing to hit his head on the field against the Bills.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

NY Post -   Bennet Omalu, the famed neuropathologist who discovered Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE) in former football players, has advised that Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa “stop playing” football after suffering a concussion last Thursday.

“Tua, my brother. I love you,” Omalu to TMZ. “I love you as much as I love my son. Stop playing. Stop. Hang your helmet and gallantly walk away.”

Tagovailoa was stretchered off the field in Miami’s loss to the Bengals on “Thursday Night Football” after the back of his head crashed into the ground following on a hit by Cincinnati nose tackle Josh Tupou.

The quarterback’s fingers flexed in a “fencing response,” and he remained on the field for nearly 10 minutes before he was carted off and subsequently hospitalized. It came just four days after he appeared wobbly after appearing to hit his head on the field against the Bills.

wonder how many people told rodgers this after his

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

You can't grade QBs of the past using today's standards. You have to compare them to their peers. Elway and Favre don't look like anything special either by today's numbers. Aikman will always be way overhyped because of the team he was on, but he was a good QB of that era.

I mean you can. They kinda sucked. Bradshaw, Elway, Aikman, and others kinda sucked. 

It's like comparing dial up to the interwebs now. It was really cool at the time but you look back and it clearly just wasn't very good. 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

NY Post -  Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen seem to be heading for the end zone: Both have retained divorce lawyers, multiple sources tell Page Six exclusively.

Brady will make up some of that cash he has given up to retain teammates when Gisele starts paying alimony to him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

I mean you can. They kinda sucked. Bradshaw, Elway, Aikman, and others kinda sucked. 

It's like comparing dial up to the interwebs now. It was really cool at the time but you look back and it clearly just wasn't very good. 

You usually have good takes, but this isn't one of them. 

Tom Pelissero -  Bucs WR Cole Beasley has decided to retire effective immediately, his agents Joel and Justin Turner tell me and Mike Garafolo. “He is ready to be with his family after playing in 11 seasons and it’s time to be a full time dad and husband.”

///

Wonder if he'll retire as a Buc :)