NFL News & Notes

Leader

13 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

IF he was for sale, how much would give up for Brian Burns or Derrick Brown?

No to Burns.  Love him, but he wouldn't fit what we do as well as what we currently have.  And he's going to be expensive really soon.

I'd give up a first for Brown.  He's their DL, right?  Nice player there.  Probably would go a first and Reed.  But that is a luxury move.

I'm more interested in their WR's.  Either one of them.  No more than a third.  And we should do a third.  Okay, Amari Rodgers and a third.  Wait.  If I throw in Amari Rodgers, do I have to do a second? 

12 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

How does it make any sense to trade for Robby Anderson or DJ Moore?

If I'm being of a positive mind today?  Both are better than what we currently have.  So, our WR room instantly gets better.

If I live in reality?  They do move the needle, but probably not that much.  But still, the needle would move forward.  I'm down with one of them...but I would want to make sure the contracts are affordable and multi-year.  Not a half season rental.  

And finally....I feel like Rodgers would really like Robby's game.

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

No to Burns.  Love him, but he wouldn't fit what we do as well as what we currently have.  And he's going to be expensive really soon.

I'd give up a first for Brown.  He's their DL, right?  Nice player there.  Probably would go a first and Reed.  But that is a luxury move.

I'm more interested in their WR's.  Either one of them.  No more than a third.  And we should do a third.  Okay, Amari Rodgers and a third.  Wait.  If I throw in Amari Rodgers, do I have to do a second? 

Trade Wyatt and a second or third. They are the same age. 

I'd love Burns but he's not a 3-down player in our system with the way our EDGE defenders have to play the run. He'd be great in passing situations, but the cost is way prohibitive. 

Edited by Old Guy

25 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'd love Burns but he's not a 3-down player in our system with the way our EDGE defenders have to play the run. He'd be great in passing situations, but the cost is way prohibitive. 

You talking about Wyatt our #1 pick? Damn. I'd hate to be your dog. Your leash is way too short :)

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

You talking about Wyatt our #1 pick? Damn. I'd hate to be your dog. Your leash is way too short :)

Nothing against Wyatt, but the guy we'd get hypothetically is so much better of a player and they are the same age. Keeping Wyatt and getting Brown would be overkill at DT. 

50 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You do not trade Wyatt.  That's just being silly.  They are not the same player at all.  Brown is more of a Kenny Clark type player.  Nose with rush ability.  That wasn't Wyatt coming out.

We do not know what Wyatt is, or is not.  And he's under team control for a long time.  

21 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Nothing against Wyatt, but the guy we'd get hypothetically is so much better of a player and they are the same age. Keeping Wyatt and getting Brown would be overkill at DT. 

There's no such thing as overkill at DT.

But again, we are talking about a luxury here.  

Edited by vegas492

57 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

You do not trade Wyatt.  That's just being silly.  They are not the same player at all.  Brown is more of a Kenny Clark type player.  Nose with rush ability.  That wasn't Wyatt coming out.

We do not know what Wyatt is, or is not.  And he's under team control for a long time.  

So, you are saying you don't trade Wyatt to get a guy like Kenny Clark? A guy who happens to be the same age as Wyatt but much, much better at this point. Clark can and has played 3 and 5 for us and been very good at it.

I respect much of what you post, but this is a bad, bad take.