NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Doesn't fit his game. Sherm would get tore up out of the slot.

Sigh. Didnt note the attempted humor?

Sherman, Peters and Talib???

Now there's a 3 Amigo defensive secondary if ever there was one.

Lots of trades pre-FA, Torrey Smith to Panthers (latest), not that I am interested, but nothing of Packers being more aggressive and inquiries other than Wilkerson.  I for one would have liked to see Talib, Peters, or both, which would have been a major game changer for our D. Did Gutey move into TT's old office, has anyone checked for carbon monoxide leak?

5 minutes ago, Redt said:

Lots of trades pre-FA, Torrey Smith to Panthers (latest), not that I am interested, but nothing of Packers being more aggressive and inquiries other than Wilkerson.  I for one would have liked to see Talib, Peters, or both, which would have been a major game changer for our D. Did Gutey move into TT's old office, has anyone checked for carbon monoxide leak?

Just going to throw out there that just because they aren't reporting anything doesn't mean conversations aren't happening. It's too early to get pessimistic.

I'm in full blown pessimistic mode right now....can't help it.

GB has too many contracts that can be massaged to get nice cap space...and nothing is happening.  I get the Rodgers thing...they are waiting on Cousins and possibly Brees.  But they should be announcing something regarding Cobb...like a trade...or Nelson...extension...or Matthews...extension.

I'm a little more put out than normal because the guy I leaned on for information is sadly no longer there.

1 hour ago, MantyWrestler said:

I thought anyone released who was under contract had to pass through waivers for 24 hours?

That could very well be - but I dont think terms of the previous contract follow him thru waivers. Could be wrong - dont study or research such things - but I thinks that correct.

Dolphins, Browns, Bills, Panthers, Eagles, Chiefs, Redskins, Rams, Seahawks.  Niners tried.  Nine teams have made a player trade this season.

Packers haven't made a trade that would show up on an ESPN ticker since... When? 

Edited by HorizontoZenith

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Landry to Browns. Hmm. Landry and Gordon. Big Catch radius'.. Josh Allen #1 confirmed.

Hmmmmmm......watch out AFC North. It appears the Cleveland Browns are intent on playing some football this year.

Dont leave out that physical freak TE they got from the Hurricanes in last years draft.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1