NFL News & Notes

Leader

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The owners should tell the players that either they give up .1% of the revenue to make these changes, or they can go pound sand. The Owners and the NFLPA redid the CBA in 2020. The players had all of this data back then and they didn't give a **** about "player safety" when there was money and weed on the line. 

I had this exact thought (more or less) when the story came out.  They negotiated a new CBA, and not a word about this was mentioned. If this is something the NFLPA is/was concerned about, the CBA negotiation is EXACTLY when the issue should come up. These fields aren't a new thing, but now it's imperative for the league to stop playing on them?  Give me a break.

Edited by Mazrimiv

7 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

The data being tweeted around on field surface is relatively new and seems to have pretty high error bars.

Personally, I'd prefer the NFL not play the game on grass.  The game is more crisp and fun to watch on artificial surface, especially when there is precipitation.

Sloppy games are not fun to watch.  Soldier field is not fun to watch.  Players complain about soldier field all the time.

I'm just the opposite , love games where the uniforms get all dirty and nasty , hate seeing games played indoors. The only kinda weather I dislike watching games in is the real windy games. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport -   Colts All-Pro LB Shaquille Leonard underwent successful season-ending back surgery this morning after several evaluations. Leonard is on Injured Reserve, and the hope is the procedure fixes his issue for good.

///

Paging Dr. @Scoremore - please consult and advise.

I'd waive him with an injury settlement.  There you go...See Caleb Farley.  

6 hours ago, Leader said:

IKE Packers Podcast -   Most-Viewed NFL Games This Season

1. Packers vs Cowboys: 29.2 Million
2. Cowboys vs Bengals: 27.4 Million
3. Packers vs Bucs: 26.4 Million
4. Bills vs Chiefs: 25.4 Million
5. Packers vs Pats: 24.7 Million

Well, a whole bunch of people are under the impression that we have a decent squad.