NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I see what you are saying but Russell was known to be lazy. Gained a ton of weight and never put any effort into his craft. Wilson is trying to be Patrick Mahomes rather than playing solid fundamental football. 

I am just reposting someone else's comparison.  I don't think they make many turds like Russell.  But the numbers for Wilson are not good.  They are comparable to arguably the biggest draft bust ever.  There is no way to spin that positively.  The book isn't written, but the first couple of chapters are not good.  And in the limited time that you have seen Wilson play, has there been anything that you think is worth trying to salvage?  

I just think the Jets looked better with Mike White, and Joe Flacco this season.  

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I am just reposting someone else's comparison.  I don't think they make many turds like Russell.  But the numbers for Wilson are not good.  They are comparable to arguably the biggest draft bust ever.  There is no way to spin that positively.  The book isn't written, but the first couple of chapters are not good.  And in the limited time that you have seen Wilson play, has there been anything that you think is worth trying to salvage?  

I just think the Jets looked better with Mike White, and Joe Flacco this season.  

If my memory is correct....Mike White looked great in his first start (maybe last year), too.  (Or the year before.)

I doubt they can get that kind of play out of him week  in and week out.

And I guess, regarding Wilson, from the little I've heard about him on Sirius XM, he is a worker.  Just immature.  A little humble pie might serve him well.  

15 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't pretend to be anything other than a guy who watches a lot of football and thinks he can spot talent when he sees it. 

There are tools to work with. I think with the comments the kid made; NY is not going to be the place for him. He's got to move on. If he could sit for a year or two behind a very good NFL QB and learn how to be a professional, I think he has the skill set to be a damn good quarterback. If he gets tossed back in, he will likely flame out like so many young QB's who are not ready to handle being QB1 in the NFL right out of college. 

Adam Schefter -  49ers are signing QB Josh Johnson off the Broncos practice squad and on to their 53-man roster, per sources. During his 13 years in the NFL, Johnson has been a member of 14 different teams, the most for a player in league history. This will be his third stint with the 49ers.

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter -  49ers are signing QB Josh Johnson off the Broncos practice squad and on to their 53-man roster, per sources. During his 13 years in the NFL, Johnson has been a member of 14 different teams, the most for a player in league history. This will be his third stint with the 49ers.

Lol what a ridic career. I still remember my dad's buddy who lived out in Cal telling us all about him and how we should hoard his rookie cards bc he has some insane stat line his last season like 50 TDs and 1 INT

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

Lol what a ridic career. I still remember my dad's buddy who lived out in Cal telling us all about him and how we should hoard his rookie cards bc he has some insane stat line his last season like 50 TDs and 1 INT

His SF earnings aren't posted yet, but too date he's made 8.3M in his career. Thats not too bad for a journeyman.
Not everyone can be an all star and earn generational millions. Some guys just hold a job. There's honor in that.

52 minutes ago, Leader said:

His SF earnings aren't posted yet, but too date he's made 8.3M in his career. Thats not too bad for a journeyman.
Not everyone can be an all star and earn generational millions. Some guys just hold a job. There's honor in that.

That’s no Matty Flynn haul, and definitely no BOAT, the great Blake Bortles robbing billionaires for a decade plus kind of net. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

That’s no Matty Flynn haul, and definitely no BOAT, the great Blake Bortles robbing billionaires for a decade plus kind of net. 

Dude got drafted in 2008.

It's 2022.

230ish games possible to play in that time and he's been active in 30 some. lol. How he stays around....

10 hours ago, Refugee said:

Blake Bortles will never come close to touching Sam Bradford. 

Blake Bortles played in 78 games, had 17,469 yards and 103 TDs. He walked out with barely $48 million. 

Sam BOAT Bradford played in 83 games had 19,449 yards and 103 TDs. He walked out with $130 million!!!!

Jamarcus Russell made 40 million off of 18 TDs in 31 games. 

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Blake Bortles played in 78 games, had 17,469 yards and 103 TDs. He walked out with barely $48 million. 

Sam BOAT Bradford played in 83 games had 19,449 yards and 103 TDs. He walked out with $130 million!!!!

But he spent it all on twinkies. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Chase Daniel has made $41 and counting for 1697 yards, 8TDs and 7 INTs.