NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Blake Bortles will never come close to touching Sam Bradford. 

Blake Bortles played in 78 games, had 17,469 yards and 103 TDs. He walked out with barely $48 million. 

Sam BOAT Bradford played in 83 games had 19,449 yards and 103 TDs. He walked out with $130 million!!!!

Jamarcus Russell made 40 million off of 18 TDs in 31 games. 

Yeah, Bradford was the last #1 pick on the old rookie wage scale. The difference between 2010 and 2011 was tens of millions of dollars for the first round rooks. I wonder if the market got flooded with guys coming out that year. Either way, out of those guys Blake is the guy I’d rather have a beer and play a round of golf with, and I don’t play golf. 

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

Yeah, Bradford was the last #1 pick on the old rookie wage scale. The difference between 2010 and 2011 was tens of millions of dollars for the first round rooks. I wonder if the market got flooded with guys coming out that year. Either way, out of those guys Blake is the guy I’d rather have a beer and play a round of golf with, and I don’t play golf. 

If you take out Bradford's rookie contract, he still got $51M for his new contracts between 2016 through 2019 for 20 games.

The Eagles paid him $11M in dead money for zero games after his extension, the Vikings paid him $25M for 17 games (and gave up a 1st and a conditional 4th), and the Cardinals paid him $15M for 3 games and released him halfway through the season.

• Like 2

ProFootballTalk -   Can we agree to retire the "Mr. Irrelevant" title for the last player taken in the draft? It's a seven-round draft. Undrafted players become starters, Pro Bowlers, Hall of Famers. It's just a dumb label to stick on a guy.

///

He has a point.

On 12/6/2022 at 8:14 PM, packfanfb said:

As the biggest Rodgers critic here, I can safely say Rodgers has at least 7 Super Bowl wins if he l had the same teammates and coaches as Brady.

If Brady had been a Packer for the years Rosgers was and the coaches and rosters had stayed the same, he’d have one Super Bowl win in that time. 

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

As the biggest Rodgers critic here, I can safely say Rodgers has at least 7 Super Bowl wins if he l had the same teammates and coaches as Brady.

If Brady had been a Packer for the years Rosgers was and the coaches and rosters had stayed the same, he’d have one Super Bowl win in that time. 

I have been told by Brady fans that he is the one who elevated those defenses/teams with his cerebral play on offense which is why he is the GOATiest GOAT who has ever GOATed.

...never try to engage Brady fans/defenders about team builds/any kind of luck/good fortune. They get mad.

Edited by Striker
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Striker said:

I have been told by Brady fans that he is the one who elevated those defenses/teams with his cerebral play on offense which is why he is the GOATiest GOAT who has ever GOATed.

...never try to engage Brady fans/defenders about team builds/any kind of luck/good fortune. They get mad.

Somehow it is hard to imagine Rodgers with a consistently good defense. Just feels like he'd find a way to ruin it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

So basically you're saying Aaron Rodgers would be the GOAT if he had Brady's supporting cast whilst patting yourself on the back for being Rodgers' biggest critic. Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

On 12/11/2022 at 8:21 AM, Leader said:

ProFootballTalk -   Can we agree to retire the "Mr. Irrelevant" title for the last player taken in the draft? It's a seven-round draft. Undrafted players become starters, Pro Bowlers, Hall of Famers. It's just a dumb label to stick on a guy.

///

He has a point.

While agreeing he has a point, my counterpoint to going woke and being so upset about “just a dumb label” is that everyone agrees, its  just a dumb label used to circumvent pointing out he was the last player drafted and in no way would require writing an article on my national platform to address it. People like being pointed out neat, unique facts. That’s TV. 

Don’t read PFT. They aren’t reporting anything there that wouldn’t be reported here immediately if it was relevant. Florio is sports media leukemia.

• Like 1

Ian Rapoport  -  Seahawks WR Tyler Lockett is expected to have surgery to repair and stabilize his fractured finger, source said. It's possible he only misses one game and is back for the final two. But a firm timetable will be available post-surgery.

On 12/11/2022 at 9:07 PM, Striker said:

I'll never understand the level of Brady denial with so many GB fans.  As if the possibility of Brady and Rodgers both being great QB's doesn't exist.

• Like 1