NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'll never understand the level of Brady denial with so many GB fans.  As if the possibility of Brady and Rodgers both being great QB's doesn't exist.

I mean… I’m the biggest Rodgers hater here and it’s abundantly clear that Rodgers is far superior in every single solitary tangible way.

Further, Brady has always had far superior defenses. The fact Belichick still maintains a top defense is proof this has nothing to do with Brady.

Brady had Moss, first team all-pro Matt Light, two second team all pro OL , 2nd team all pro Wes Welker all in the same year and the Patriots have relentlessly added receiving talent to their team. He got Evans, Godwin and Brown as well as an older Gronkowski in his Buccaneers Super Bowl win (as well as Wirfs and a stacked offense).

And Brady didn’t “make” Welker. Welker had 67 receptions on 100 targets and 700 yards with Joey Harrington throwing him the ball before he went to New England.

Donte Stallworth was also on that 2007 team after just having 19.1 yards per reception with the Eagles the year before and was a legit deep threat still.

This fails to mention the countless times the Patriots and Buccaneers relentlessly added talent by filling holes in season and making major deals to improve their team.

Tom Brady is the most overrated QB of all time. He’s too 10 easily, top five probably, too 3 definitely not when you talk tangible talent and ability. Peyton Manning is EASILY better. Mentally and physically. Montana and Young same. Rodgers so easily it’s absurd. Brett Favre was more talented and if he spent the same energy on learning the game, he would have been better overall (but he wasn’t and for that reason Favre is probably fine top 20 all-time).

Dan Marino was better. Drew Brees, too.

The whole Rings BS argument has to die. Aikman and Bradshaw have 7 Super Bowls between them. Brad Johnson, Mark Rypien, Joe Namath, Ken Stabler, Nick Foles, Doug Williams, Jeff Hosteleter, Jim McMahon… They all have more Super Bowls than Dan Marino.

The rings argument is horse****.

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I mean… I’m the biggest Rodgers hater here and it’s abundantly clear that Rodgers is far superior in every single solitary tangible way.

Further, Brady has always had far superior defenses. The fact Belichick still maintains a top defense is proof this has nothing to do with Brady.

Brady had Moss, first team all-pro Matt Light, two second team all pro OL , 2nd team all pro Wes Welker all in the same year and the Patriots have relentlessly added receiving talent to their team. He got Evans, Godwin and Brown as well as an older Gronkowski in his Buccaneers Super Bowl win (as well as Wirfs and a stacked offense).

And Brady didn’t “make” Welker. Welker had 67 receptions on 100 targets and 700 yards with Joey Harrington throwing him the ball before he went to New England.

Donte Stallworth was also on that 2007 team after just having 19.1 yards per reception with the Eagles the year before and was a legit deep threat still.

This fails to mention the countless times the Patriots and Buccaneers relentlessly added talent by filling holes in season and making major deals to improve their team.

Tom Brady is the most overrated QB of all time. He’s too 10 easily, top five probably, too 3 definitely not when you talk tangible talent and ability. Peyton Manning is EASILY better. Mentally and physically. Montana and Young same. Rodgers so easily it’s absurd. Brett Favre was more talented and if he spent the same energy on learning the game, he would have been better overall (but he wasn’t and for that reason Favre is probably fine top 20 all-time).

The whole Rings BS argument has to die. Aikman and Bradshaw have 7 Super Bowls between them. Brad Johnson, Mark Rypien, Joe Namath, Ken Stabler, Nick Foles, Doug Williams, Jeff Hosteleter, Jim McMahon… They all have more Super Bowls than Dan Marino.

standing ovation GIF

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Mahomes too is young but way better than Brady ever has been.

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Are we in the Twilight Zone? Everyone knows I'm a huge Rodgers fan and even I wouldn't go this far. Brady is the greatest player ever and it isn't even close.

16 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Are we in the Twilight Zone? Everyone knows I'm a huge Rodgers fan and even I wouldn't go this far. Brady is the greatest player ever and it isn't even close.

You’re dumb in this case, too.

Out of 47 postseason games, Brady’s defense gave up over 23 points 15 times. He is 7-8 in those games.

Seven of Aaron’s 20 postseason games his defense gave up over 30 points.

Brady has only had 5 such games in twice as many.

You’re a moron. A sheep, a charlatan and a muppet.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You’re dumb in this case, too.

Out of 47 postseason games, Brady’s defense gave up over 23 points 15 times. He is 7-8 in those games.

Seven of Aaron’s 20 postseason games his defense gave up over 30 points.

Brady has only had 5 such games in twice as many.

You’re a moron. A sheep, a charlatan and a muppet.

Personal insults aside, you're preachin to the choir my friend. You dont have tell me the Packers defense has been a huge let down for the majority of Rodgers career.

If Brady had 3 rings you might be able to sway me, but 7? That is no coincidence and there's been plenty of opportunities for Rodgers in the post season to clutch up and carry us to a win, regardless of the score but he just cant do it like Brady.

Do you really think Rodgers could have came back from 28-3 like Brady? I don't think so.

Edited by StatKing

1 hour ago, y*so*blu said:

I knew some of the takes in here would be ridiculous but wow.🤣

An important distinction is physical ability.

Mahomes is better than Brady at literally any point in Brady’s career.

Brady is no doubt a top 5 QB all-time, but that’s due to his mental ability.

If you think otherwise you’re a muppet.

• Like 2

Just now, StatKing said:

Personal insults aside, you're preachin to the choir my friend. You dont have tell me the Packers defense have been a huge let down for the majority of Rodgers career.

If Brady had 3 rings you might be able to sway me, but 7? That is no coincidence and there's been plenty of opportunities for Rodgers in the post season to clutch up and carry us to a win, regardless of the score but he just cant do it like Brady.

Do you really think Rodgers could have came back from 28-3 like Brady? I don't think so.

Yes. You forget what his defense did to make that happen.

And you forget that 7 of the points the Falcons scored were…

Off a pick six.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Personal insults aside, you're preachin to the choir my friend. You dont have tell me the Packers defense has been a huge let down for the majority of Rodgers career.

Also, a personal insult is an insult meant to be taken personally.

I call my own family worse for far less.

It’s only a personal insult if you’re sensitive.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Yes. You forget what his defense did to make that happen.

And you forget that 7 of the points the Falcons scored were…

Off a pick six.

I haven't forget at all, they also strip sacked Matt Ryan as well. I've just watched too many Rodgers games to know he would have folded in that situation. Bradys intangibles are just on another level.

I actually agree with you for the most part about rings being an overly simplistic way of judging QBs. Dan Marino will always be a top 5 QB of all time in my book but Brady is the exception to that rule.

1 minute ago, StatKing said:

I haven't forget at all, they also strip sacked Matt Ryan as well. I've just watched too many Rodgers games to know he would have folded in that situation. Bradys intangibles are just on another level.

I actually agree with you for the most part about rings being an overly simplistic way of judging QBs. Dan Marino will always be a top 5 QB of all time in my book but Brady is the exception to that rule.

No he’s not.

His career is full of Tuck Rules, Myles Jack early whistles and his defense bailing him out.

Additionally, he’s only in position for those iconic game winning drives because his head coach is the only head coach in the league who starts the time management game in the 4th quarter.

He’s a sham. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Also, a personal insult is an insult meant to be taken personally.

I call my own family worse for far less.

It’s only a personal insult if you’re sensitive.

Did I make a big deal about it? I actually thought it was quite amusing you called me a charlatan. That's one I haven't heard in a long time.

I disagree with most of you opinions but I do respect them because I can see they are well thought out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No he’s not.

His career is full of Tuck Rules, Myles Jack early whistles and his defense bailing him out.

Additionally, he’s only in position for those iconic game winning drives because his head coach is the only head coach in the league who starts the time management game in the 4th quarter.

He’s a sham. 

He's definitely gotten his fair share of breaks, I won't disagree with you there but how is that his fault? Did he make Dee Ford line up offsides? Was he the one that made up the Tuck Rule? He's even admitted himself the Raiders got jobbed in that game.