NFL News & Notes

Leader

Here are Rodgers successful postseason game winning drives:

-2014 vs. DAL (DIV): Rodgers 7/7, 78 yards, TD to Richard Rodgers with 9:10 to go. Dez doesn't catch it. Packers ice the game with a 4:06 drive (Rodgers 2/2, 38 yards).

-2016 vs. DAL (DIV): With :35 to go and 2 TO, Rodgers 2/4, 53 yards, sack. Crosby 51 yard FG to end it.

....here are the playoff losses god this is going to be painful

-2009 vs. ARI (WC): Packers win a coin flip, Rodgers 2/4, 28 yards. Kick six.

-2011 vs. NYG (DIV): Rodgers gets sacked on 4th and 5 on the NYG 39. Giants go up 10 and never look back.

-2012 vs. SF (DIV): lol

-2013 vs. SF (WC): Rodgers 4/6, 46 yards. Crosby ties the game. Defense allows a 5:09 second drive and 49ers kick a game winning FG.

-2014 vs. SEA (NFCG): Rodgers 3/5, 36 yards, 12 yards rushing. Crosby 48 yard FG to tie. Packers lose a coin flip. Defense allows an 87 yard TD drive.

-2015 vs. ARI (DIV): Rodgers 2/6, 101 yards, TD, sack to tie the game. Packers lose a coin flip. Defense allows an 80 yard TD drive.

-2016 vs. ATL (NFCG): Burn the tape.

-2019 vs. SF (NFCG): Burn all the tape.

-2020 vs. TAM (NFCG): Packers down 8, Rodgers 3/7, 49 yards. Elect to kick FG with 2:09 to go plus 3 TOs. Defense fails to stop Brady.

-2021 vs. SF (DIV): Game tied, Rodgers 1/3, 4 yards. 49ers go 44 yards in 3:20 to win on a 45 yard FG.

So of the 8 game winning/tying attempts for Rodgers and the offense, twice they scored the game winning score and 3 times they scored the game tying FG. Twice they failed to do anything and the other time they turned the ball over.

On all three of the game tying FGs, they never got the ball back which includes two OT coin flips. The defense did not have to hold in either of the two successful game winning attempts. The three times they did, they went 0-3.

Assuming I counted correctly, Brady's D's went 9-2.

Edited by Striker
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Don't be fooled by Bradys nerdy build and awkward combine film.  The kid was drafted as a catcher in the major leagues.  They like to play the rags to riches story with Brady.  He was a much better athlete than given credit for.

It is known that catcher is where baseball coaches put their best athlete.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter -  As the firing season approaches, NFL officials informed the owners of the league’s 32 franchises that teams have spent $800 million on fired coaches and front-office executives over the past five years.

In other words, the sky is blue.

5 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I just read Willie McGinest was arrested on felony assault charges. I hope it's a bogus charge, I really like the guy. 

Beat the crap out of guy at a night club in West Hollywood. It's legit.  He's in some trouble.  They got him on video.  

https://www.tmz.com/2022/12/19/willie-mcginest-punched-bashed-man-head-bottle-insane-brawl-video-shows/

Don't know what the dude said to McGinest to piss him off that bad.  

10 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Beat the crap out of guy at a night club in West Hollywood. It's legit.  He's in some trouble.  They got him on video.  

https://www.tmz.com/2022/12/19/willie-mcginest-punched-bashed-man-head-bottle-insane-brawl-video-shows/

Your Mama

12 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Damn. I met Willie at a random bar in Cancun about 2 weeks after SB31. Told him I was a Packers fan and he was still OK with drunken weirdo introducing himself to him. Glad I didn't get lumped in the head with a bottle!

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

Oh boy, just threw away his career. It's LA and with so many rouge 'prosecutors' he may walk. 

13 hours ago, Scoremore said:

You ever watch the movie Bull Durham????  🤣