NFL News & Notes

Leader

On 12/18/2022 at 8:48 AM, Leader said:

Adam Schefter -  As the firing season approaches, NFL officials informed the owners of the league’s 32 franchises that teams have spent $800 million on fired coaches and front-office executives over the past five years.

I would let teams fire me for a lot less money

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

At $2.5 billion a year.  I got YTTV, but gotta see how much they'll gouge NFL fans on the package and if they will sell a team package platform.

Apparently part of the agreement is that the price could not go up much.  Apple wanted to reduce the fees, but the contracts with the networks prohibit them from going lower.

16 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Apparently part of the agreement is that the price could not go up much.  Apple wanted to reduce the fees, but the contracts with the networks prohibit them from going lower.

Apple reportedly wanted to just add it to their package.  The NFL nixed that.  I read it will cost similarly to what DTV charged for it.  Hard Pass for me.  

2 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

At $2.5 billion a year.  I got YTTV, but gotta see how much they'll gouge NFL fans on the package and if they will sell a team package platform.

DirecTV used to do team packages  WAAAAY back when it first started.  I asked my parents to get it, but they said no.  The Packers were pretty good at the time, so we got to watch usually about 8-10 games per year, without paying for the ticket.  

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

Apple reportedly wanted to just add it to their package.  The NFL nixed that.  I read it will cost similarly to what DTV charged for it.  Hard Pass for me.  

I take it every year and my room has 3 games going at once.  For me it was worth it.  I'll have to see how good the quality is going to be on the new service.  Last thing I need is the blue circle of death come on occasionally when I'm trying to watch the games. The other good news is now that I'm going to ditch DirecTV, I'm going to be able to get the local channels at Eau Claire and get all the Packer games.  Right now on DirecTV my local channels are all Minneapolis/St. Paul.

25 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

I take it every year and my room has 3 games going at once.  For me it was worth it.  I'll have to see how good the quality is going to be on the new service.  Last thing I need is the blue circle of death come on occasionally when I'm trying to watch the games. The other good news is now that I'm going to ditch DirecTV, I'm going to be able to get the local channels at Eau Claire and get all the Packer games.  Right now on DirecTV my local channels are all Minneapolis/St. Paul.

I have YTTV and have never had a signal problem when watching games. I suppose the quality of your internet connection matters. The only time I've had that type of problem was with ESPN+.

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

I have YTTV and have never had a signal problem when watching games. I suppose the quality of your internet connection matters. The only time I've had that type of problem was with ESPN+.

That's good news.  My internet speed ranges from 70 - 160 mbps.  Our provider told us that our router (2015) was old and that the new routers would greatly improve my speed so we are going to go to a new MESH setup for the house.