NFL News & Notes

Leader

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol, what? Deshaun Watson got a 5 year 230 million dollar deal.

I feel bad arguing with you because that one is embarrassing.

500 million? Watson got 200 million more than Aaron Rodgers career earnings?

i actually thought watson got 500 million, but it was 5 year 250 million. i stand corrected.

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol, what? Deshaun Watson got a 5 year 230 million dollar deal.

I feel bad arguing with you because that one is embarrassing.

500 million? Watson got 200 million more than Aaron Rodgers career earnings?

oops guess he didn't check his facts.  That Watson deal is going to bite Cleveland in the arse.  What a horrible signing.  Just shows how desperate teams are.  If I'm the Ravens trade him to the highest bidder and good riddence.  The difference between him and Huntley is minimal.  Can't believe Jackson turned down that deal.  What a fool.  Oh well he'll probably get paid anyway because some of these GM's have the heads up their butts.  Nothing surprises me anymore.  

Just now, HokieHigh said:

still think 133 million guaranteed was a lowball. jackson should be able to make 150 million in 3 years

For what? What has he done? For his single postseason win or for his three postseason losses? He’s completed 56% of his postseason passes with 3 touchdown passes, 5 interceptions and he’s rushed for a TD, but lost two fumbles.

He’s a fad. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

For what? What has he done? For his single postseason win or for his three postseason losses? He’s completed 56% of his postseason passes with 3 touchdown passes, 5 interceptions and he’s rushed for a TD, but lost two fumbles.

He’s a fad. 

Agree totally.  He's not an elite QB and doesn't deserve to be paid like one.  Should have taken the money.  Thought Baltimore was a well run franchise.  Question them offering that kind of cash for him too. Man the ego on that dude.  Really hope it blows up in his face.  If I'm Baltimore I'd recind the offer and trade him in the offseason.  Situation reminds me of Greg Jennings.  Got a big head turned down a generous offer from the Pack only to accept a lower offer from the Vikes and fade into oblivion.  What am I missing here?  I've watched Jackson play and am not impressed.  Average starter at best. 

28 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

He’s a fad. 

Dak got $126M guaranteed after the injury in '21, Murray got $160M guaranteed with less team success, Watson got $230M guaranteed despite sitting a year and all of the sexual assault allegations.

As long as owners/GMs are willing to pay it, QBs can get almost whatever they want. So while the Ravens may hold the line at a certain amount, that won't stop Dan Snyder or Mark Davis from telling their GM to back up the dump truck full of money if he hits the open market.

Edited by Striker

15 minutes ago, Striker said:

Dak got $126M guaranteed after the injury in '21, Murray got $160M guaranteed with less team success, Watson got $230M guaranteed despite sitting a year and all of the sexual assault allegations.

As long as owners/GMs are willing to pay it, QBs can get almost whatever they want. So while the Ravens may hold the line at a certain amount, that won't stop Dan Snyder or Mark Davis from telling their GM to back up the dump truck full of money if he hits the open market.

Just because there are some teams that make bad decisions,  doesn't mean they all will/ should.

Would be a nice case study to see if Baltimore tags and trades Jackson to a QB needy team and how the 2 franchises fair over the following 3-7 years 

20 minutes ago, Striker said:

And this is why I think that we can still get a FRP for Rodgers at minimum if we want to. Some GM will be gaga to trade for a future HOF QB if only for 2-3 years. Still say Rodgers to LV for pick #7 this year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Just because there are some teams that make bad decisions,  doesn't mean they all will/ should.

Would be a nice case study to see if Baltimore tags and trades Jackson to a QB needy team and how the 2 franchises fair over the following 3-7 years 

Oh, for sure. But it does mess with the market and can force a reaction because those teams make those moves.