NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

DqerCjXWkAEsJvD.jpg

Godwin plays the slot because the other players on the roster cannot. He could easily be an outside receiver. 

Cool.  Still, I'm not sure that Godwin becomes Godwin over here.  Maybe a different version.

And I'm confused on his RAS score.  He had one score...shuttle that was over a 9.0.  Yet his overall was 9.66.

How does that happen?  Oh, and that is that year's RAS, not an all time RAS.

6 hours ago, vegas492 said:

It's hard to fault the "handling of the QB over his entire run" when you look at the records GB has put up and the MVP's that Rodgers has won.

The specials coach is on MLF, not Gute.

Barry is on MLF..

Not having the team ready to play early in the season is on MLF.

The WR room is on Gute.  And probably the non signing of OBJ.

Did they win a SB?   Could a better investment than drafting Love possibly put them over the top?    Would their future look better if they had traded AR last year instead of giving him that contract?   Would their future look better now if he had not given any contract and just used the Franchise tag as his insurance?   These are all reasons why Gute has messed up the QB situation over his entire tenure.   He drafted Love too soon and has compounded the problem with every step.  If he didn't know how that decision was going to play with AR then he wasn't paying attention.

The ST coach may be on MFL, but the lack of a returner option wasn't. The lack of special team's players was not.  They chose 3rd string position players over quality ST players for years and it quite possibly cost them a SB.

The poor plan at WR and early season OL is on Gute.   His plan at both positions was inadequate.   Especially when you committed to a go forward season and spent against the cap recklessly to try and win something this past year.  Gute misread the overall team talent badly and made poor decisions because of this miscalculation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Cool.  Still, I'm not sure that Godwin becomes Godwin over here.  Maybe a different version.

And I'm confused on his RAS score.  He had one score...shuttle that was over a 9.0.  Yet his overall was 9.66.

Brady might have made a lot of Wrs, but I do not believe this is one of them at all

35 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Did they win a SB?   Did Burrow?  Or Josh Allen?  Or Herbert?  I get wanting a SB, but there are many different ways to measure success.

Could a better investment than drafting Love possibly put them over the top?    Maybe Higgins, if you use hindsight.  Then again, a possible franchise QB is worth more than a WR.

Would their future look better if they had traded AR last year instead of giving him that contract?   Name me one GM or owner who traded a reigning MVP.  Forget 2X reigning MVP.  And don't give me any of this Russel Willson BS...he never got a single vote for that award, let alone won one, while Rodgers has 4.

Would their future look better now if he had not given any contract and just used the Franchise tag as his insurance?   Identify who is "he" above.  Gute?  Or Murphy. 

These are all reasons why Gute has messed up the QB situation over his entire tenure.  Messing up is having a 2X MVP over the last 3 seasons.  My brother in Christ...there are probably 26 teams, if not more that would love to have screwed up their QB room that bad. 

He drafted Love too soon and has compounded the problem with every step.  Finally you make sense.  Yes, the club drafted Love a year or two early.  That should tell you how much they liked his talent.

If he didn't know how that decision was going to play with AR then he wasn't paying attention.--Maybe he did.  It did lead to 2 straight 13 win seasons and 2 MVP's.

The ST coach may be on MFL, but the lack of a returner option wasn't. The lack of special team's players was not.  They chose 3rd string position players over quality ST players for years and it quite possibly cost them a SB.---Objection your honor...speculation.

The poor plan at WR and early season OL is on Gute.   His plan at both positions was inadequate.  Yes and no.  Poor WR plan is on Gute and the front office.  But, the OL is squarely on MLF and his coaching staff.   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Norm said:

Brady might have made a lot of Wrs, but I do not believe this is one of them at all

I'm not either.

I'm pretty convinced that the Godwin I know as a large slot who works the middle of the field and gets RAC is not a player that would have emerged had he played with Rodgers.

That was my whole point.  Not saying Godwin is not a good player.  Or wouldn't be a good player.  Just that Brady fed him a lot.

And I'm unsure if Rodgers is able to throw that many short passes over the middle without having an aneurism. 

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

It's a percentile thing. You might do 3 exams with the third best score in class in all of them and be the guy with the best average score. It's the same kind of thing with RAS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

We have a different idea of success if you view the last 3 years as successful.   

I criticized the Love pick on the day it was made suggesting Tee Higgins so I don't view it as hindsight.  Many here have given me tons of grief over that stance.   I said it would lead to lots of drama with AR and again I received criticism.  Love has always been viewed as a project and not a threat to start right away so crediting his presence for Rodger's performance is a giant stretch IMO.

The argument about nobody trading an MVP rings hollow.   How many people on this site wanted us to move on last year?   The fact they didn't have to do anything remains.   They could have let AR play out the previous contract as well as use the franchise tag.     When it is convenient many here seem to want to blame Murphy for this action.   If that is the case, then the board should be moving on from ALL of them.   Unless we learn otherwise, I am going under the assumption that the GM is actually making the football decisions as has been voiced at 1265 since this structure was put in place.

It's not speculation that we didn't invest in quality special team's players in years past.  It isn't speculation that we went into this season with our plan being Amari Rodgers being our returner with no planned options behind him.

The plan was poor on the OL because they went with the assumption that Bakhtiari would play.   Are our medical people clueless, or was hope the plan?  Everyone knew Jenkins wouldn't be ready in the first half.  They let Turner walk, so was the plan to keep playing Newman at Guard?  Hanson?  Hoping on a rookie performing above rookie expectations?

6 hours ago, hitnhope said:

We have a different idea of success if you view the last 3 years as successful.   

I criticized the Love pick on the day it was made suggesting Tee Higgins so I don't view it as hindsight.  Many here have given me tons of grief over that stance.   I said it would lead to lots of drama with AR and again I received criticism.  Love has always been viewed as a project and not a threat to start right away so crediting his presence for Rodger's performance is a giant stretch IMO.

The argument about nobody trading an MVP rings hollow.   How many people on this site wanted us to move on last year?   The fact they didn't have to do anything remains.   They could have let AR play out the previous contract as well as use the franchise tag.     When it is convenient many here seem to want to blame Murphy for this action.   If that is the case, then the board should be moving on from ALL of them.   Unless we learn otherwise, I am going under the assumption that the GM is actually making the football decisions as has been voiced at 1265 since this structure was put in place.

It's not speculation that we didn't invest in quality special team's players in years past.  It isn't speculation that we went into this season with our plan being Amari Rodgers being our returner with no planned options behind him.

The plan was poor on the OL because they went with the assumption that Bakhtiari would play.   Are our medical people clueless, or was hope the plan?  Everyone knew Jenkins wouldn't be ready in the first half.  They let Turner walk, so was the plan to keep playing Newman at Guard?  Hanson?  Hoping on a rookie performing above rookie expectations?

When you put on your 'Captain Hindsight' pajamas you're the best GM in the history of the NFL.

Congrats!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

When you put on your 'Captain Hindsight' pajamas you're the best GM in the history of the NFL.

Congrats!

They're really convinced they're geniuses who predicted everything and saw it all coming.

I bet he didn't say **** about Higgins either. 

Pure delusion.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Congrats!

It isn't hindsight when you predict things up front.   Predicting fairly obvious things doesn't mean that I think I am qualified to be the GM.   Just like understanding we had ST problems that would hurt us last year.  Like understanding that our defense is unlikely to be a championship quality defense under Barry.

As to Norms comment,  I am stubborn and can be demanding, I am not a liar.

Much of what has taken place is/was very predictable.  It didn't/doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see these things.

20 hours ago, vegas492 said:

What stops him from putting up better numbers than he did with Winston or Brady. You are absurd. Makes dumb statement about Brady making Godwin. Realizes Godwin was putting up huge numbers before Brady and the rebuttal is IDK if he would here? The logic on this forum is at an all time low.

Rodgers hates throwing to really good players that get open ? Some of you idiots think he wouldn't use Kelce or kittle either. Same group that claimed he didn't use rookies, until he had an actually talented one.

10 hours ago, Norm said:

They're really convinced they're geniuses who predicted everything and saw it all coming.

I bet he didn't say **** about Higgins either. 

Pure delusion.

An all time wr draft it was hyped as and Higgins was clearly the next best guy. To act like Higgins wasn't a logical fit is hilarious. 2020 is the worst Packers draft in 20 years. Will go down as possibly our worst ever given the situation.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Peyton gets accolades and Mac gets dissed. Mac 'wasted' Rodgers by only winning one SB. Then Peyton is lauded but only winning one SB.

We had opposing defenses and pundits laughing at the offense we ran towards the end. Peyton is a far superior offensive mind.