NFL News & Notes

Leader

Ian Rapoport -   Their top choice for the last week or so. The decision was Hackett’s about whether he wanted to return to coaching so soon. Robert Saleh interviewed about 15 people. Ended up with choice No. 1.

///

I wonder if he had to walk away from money owed him from his Denver contract...

45 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport -   Their top choice for the last week or so. The decision was Hackett’s about whether he wanted to return to coaching so soon. Robert Saleh interviewed about 15 people. Ended up with choice No. 1.

///

I wonder if he had to walk away from money owed him from his Denver contract...

I doubt it.  Usually it's a guaranteed contract.  Broncos will just have to pay a little less now that he took another gig.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

Some changes in Cowboy land.......

Adam Schefter -   Cowboys’ OL coach Joe Philbin, RB coach Skip Peete and senior defensive assistant George Edwards did not get their contracts renewed. Also, assistant HC Rob Davis, quality control/analytics coach Kyle Valero and assistant DL coach Leon Lett are not coming back on Cowboys’ staff.

45 minutes ago, Leader said:

Some changes in Cowboy land.......

Adam Schefter -   Cowboys’ OL coach Joe Philbin, RB coach Skip Peete and senior defensive assistant George Edwards did not get their contracts renewed. Also, assistant HC Rob Davis, quality control/analytics coach Kyle Valero and assistant DL coach Leon Lett are not coming back on Cowboys’ staff.

I had no idea the old long snapper Rob Davis was coaching.

26 minutes ago, Norm said:

I had no idea the old long snapper Rob Davis was coaching.

Pat Kirwan was just talking about him.  Kirwan said he "found" him.  He was in a small college, Pat was there, and I want to say Rob was working at a grocery store or something like that.  Pat approached him and asked if he would snap him a ball.

And he was the best and fastest snapper that Pat had ever seen.

Apparently Pat either drafted him or signed him after a draft.  Someone in his organization asked about the "Davis kid" and Pat said he can snap the ball better than their QB could throw a 10 yard out.

LOL.

I had no clue Davis was that good when he was in GB.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Pat Kirwan was just talking about him.  Kirwan said he "found" him.  He was in a small college, Pat was there, and I want to say Rob was working at a grocery store or something like that.  Pat approached him and asked if he would snap him a ball.

And he was the best and fastest snapper that Pat had ever seen.

Apparently Pat either drafted him or signed him after a draft.  Someone in his organization asked about the "Davis kid" and Pat said he can snap the ball better than their QB could throw a 10 yard out.

LOL.

I had no clue Davis was that good when he was in GB.  

Yeah, that's the paradox when it comes to Long Snappers. You hear NOTHING about the good ones, not unless you cloned Belichick a half-dozen times and got them to make a podcast about Special Teams.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Dov Kleiman -   Dolphins QB Tua is still in protocol 1 month after entry.

///

Tua should *seriously* consider retiring.

Tua should be forced to retire. Anybody putting that kid back on the field is doing him a disservice and NFL can pound sand if they think they take head injuries seriously if he is allowed to play again. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

There are 2 major warning signs regarding concussions, and they both apply to Tua. One is that concussions start happening more frequently. He had at least 3 this year. The other is that it takes longer to recover from concussions. He's now 5 weeks from the last one and still in protocol. He is where Sam Shields was when the Packers released him. The Rams never should have put Shields back on the field.

Edited by Brat&Beer
  • Like 3