NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

That’s the 2nd DC candidate to look at minnys defensive roster and be like “thanks but no thanks”

I will still say for as offensively talented the Vikings are their defense was standing on a bunch of over the hill names more than talent. 

Smith, Kendricks, Hicks, & Peterson are all more names than production at this point. There is no young talent their to be extremely excited about outside of Hunter (who IMO still great isn't that dominant force we saw in previous seasons and he isn't even that young anymore) and Asamoah. They have some decent depth pieces at DE but outside of that there old or untalented and most of the time both. 

There draft so far also looks horrible as well. Even before injury Cine couldn't see the field on a pretty poor secondary. Booth also looked awful before injury. All while giving up 2 WRs with a ton of promise to Detroit and Green Bay. So far IMO outside of signing Smith Kwesi has been less than spectacular. Hopefully he keeps it up. 

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

I will still say for as offensively talented the Vikings are their defense was standing on a bunch of over the hill names more than talent. 

Smith, Kendricks, Hicks, & Peterson are all more names than production at this point. There is no young talent their to be extremely excited about outside of Hunter (who IMO still great isn't that dominant force we saw in previous seasons and he isn't even that young anymore) and Asamoah. They have some decent depth pieces at DE but outside of that there old or untalented and most of the time both. 

There draft so far also looks horrible as well. Even before injury Cine couldn't see the field on a pretty poor secondary. Booth also looked awful before injury. All while giving up 2 WRs with a ton of promise to Detroit and Green Bay. So far IMO outside of signing Smith Kwesi has been less than spectacular. Hopefully he keeps it up. 

Yeah, Vikings kinda suck, dude. I'm very curious to see what their win total over/under is gonna be.

3 minutes ago, Tperk said:

Lotsa talk here on KFAN in Minneapolis about them letting go of Dalvin Cook as well.

I think this is fans who are upset. He had a very good year. He's a guy they could convert salary into bonus to get some cap relief. 

Thielen, Smith and Kendricks seem more logical cap casualties. 

3 minutes ago, Tperk said:

Lotsa talk here on KFAN in Minneapolis about them letting go of Dalvin Cook as well.

Cook is still very good, but I thought he looked less dynamic this year. Maybe the problem is the OL more than him. Vikings would save 8 million by cutting or trading him. 

1 minute ago, Brat&Beer said:

Cook is still very good, but I thought he looked less dynamic this year. Maybe the problem is the OL more than him. Vikings would save 8 million by cutting or trading him. 

Cook is like Jones in that production is there, but not for the cap hit.

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

His first draft looks like it could be a disaster for a number of reasons. But hey maybe he’s giving ziggy some good stock tips.

10 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

His first draft looks like it could be a disaster for a number of reasons. But hey maybe he’s giving ziggy some good stock tips.

His first draft showed he maybe thinks he is smarter than he is. Instead of not giving the Lions Williams they could have just taken Kyle Hamilton and been 10 times better off. Instead he gave both his NFC rivals depth while seemingly striking out when picking his own guy later.