NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, spilltray said:

GB is a crap town. There is nothing that isn't drinking or Packers related. It really is just a factory town that got bigger than it otherwise would have because of the Packers.

Not a rousing endorsement for potential FAs to consider....then there's the cold....a Polar Vortex or two.
Yeah...sure.....GB doesnt have a harder time attracting FAs.

3 hours ago, spilltray said:

As someone from GB who has lived coast to coast and settled in Appleton...

GB is a crap town. There is nothing that isn't drinking or Packers related. It really is just a factory town that got bigger than it otherwise would have because of the Packers.

Appleton is a small city with a better spread of things to do. Better restaurants, arts, entertainment, ect.

I get what you're saying about GB to a point.  DePere is a very nice place to live, no?  That whole area has more than the Packers, the big water to fish is outstanding.  Not sure I want to actually eat the fish it produces though....

53 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Ive spent a lot of non-Packer, non-drinking time in GB. Those who call it that are probably just super boring people in real life. There's plenty to do in the area. If you have a lick of outdoor adventure running through your veins it's a great spot to set up home base.

I always find this the most hilarious response to there's nothing to do in GB.

"Nuh uh! There's not nothing to do. We have vast areas of nothing!"

50 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

We are starting the annual off-season GB Sucks! / No It Doesn't! thread already?

It's like clockwork. You get people who've literally never spent time there, or people who have but are super boring and making sweeping generalizations. It's more pathetic every year ha

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's like clockwork. You get people who've literally never spent time there, or people who have but are super boring and making sweeping generalizations. It's more pathetic every year ha

And every year there are people who pretend Green Bay is anything more than Cedar Rapids or Peoria with a football team. 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

And every year there are people who pretend Green Bay is anything more than Cedar Rapids or Peoria with a football team. 🤷‍♂️

And every year people forget that the Great Lakes exist.

(Which is awesome, more for me and keeps the riff raff out)

Lol at comparing a city on Lake Michigan to ones in the middle of corn fields. Seriously dude, that's like comparing Seattle to Sacramento.

3 hours ago, 15412 said:

I get what you're saying about GB to a point.  DePere is a very nice place to live, no?  That whole area has more than the Packers, the big water to fish is outstanding.  Not sure I want to actually eat the fish it produces though....

Kinda negates the point of fishing if you wouldn't want to eat it, doesn't it?

I love the woods and boats in the summer but that doesn't help the city itself, and in winter forget about it. It's too cold for me.

47 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

And every year people forget that the Great Lakes exist.

(Which is awesome, more for me and keeps the riff raff out)

Lol at comparing a city on Lake Michigan to ones in the middle of corn fields. Seriously dude, that's like comparing Seattle to Sacramento.

I lived within 2 miles of Lake Michigan for 35 years. It's essentially useless for 9 or 10 months out of the year (including during football season which is the pertinent time regarding players not liking going to GB) if you don't have a boat. IF you want to invest 20k AND you happen to like fishing I guess it's sorta a selling point. I have a firm rule that if Gary, Indiana can also use your main selling point it becomes invalid though. 

We do have this conversation every year. The reason is because every year there's a new poll about how GB is perceived to be a nothing town with crappy weather. I mean, Cleveland and Buffalo are options and yet GB constantly gets rated worst. That has to speak volumes.

We'll agree to disagree. I genuinely hope every single resident of and visitor to Green Bay is over the moon happy. It's just not for me and that's OK. 

• Like 4

Well, I love ice fishing and no I don't need to eat every fish I catch.  I do a lot of catch and release and rarely take more than I can eat fresh.  Lakes not that far to the north offer plenty of fish for consumption and my species can cover ground fast

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 15412 said:

Well, I love ice fishing and no I don't need to eat every fish I catch.  I do a lot of catch and release and rarely take more than I can eat fresh.  Lakes not that far to the north offer plenty of fish for consumption and my species can cover ground fast

Bigfoot? 

Edited by Old Guy

Lived in GB for a couple of years.  Great city.  Nice people.  Great place to raise a family. They do have a few fun bars but it's not like a big city for night life.  Guess if you are looking for that is kinda sucks.  For outdoor activities it's pretty outstanding.  Guess you guys never heard of Door County.  Just an hour away.  Good hunting and fishing.  If they decide to spend the year great for winter sports too.  

I mean where would you rather live Green Bay or Detroit?   A guy could do a lot worse.  As far as attracting FA's well seems to me only thing that matters is cash.  So really who cares? 

• Like 1