NFL News & Notes

Leader

Since it's annual tradition...

Growing up in the cold of New England I decided I didn't want to live my life in the cold. As an adult I moved to Southern California. Quality of life is 1000% higher.

I've enjoyed visiting GB in the winter. I'd do it again.

I would never, ever live there.  

4 hours ago, Sandy said:

Since it's annual tradition...

Growing up in the cold of New England I decided I didn't want to live my life in the cold. As an adult I moved to Southern California. Quality of life is 1000% higher.

Ughhh the concrete jungle.  No green space. Air polution overcrowding.  Traffic jams.  No thanks man.  

5 hours ago, Sandy said:

As an adult I moved to Southern California. Quality of life is 1000% higher.

Stay in the land of fruits and nuts!

One can actually afford to buy a house and live in GB!

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 3:12 PM, wgbeethree said:

I lived within 2 miles of Lake Michigan for 35 years. It's essentially useless for 9 or 10 months out of the year (including during football season which is the pertinent time regarding players not liking going to GB) if you don't have a boat. IF you want to invest 20k AND you happen to like fishing I guess it's sorta a selling point. I have a firm rule that if Gary, Indiana can also use your main selling point it becomes invalid though. 

We do have this conversation every year. The reason is because every year there's a new poll about how GB is perceived to be a nothing town with crappy weather. I mean, Cleveland and Buffalo are options and yet GB constantly gets rated worst. That has to speak volumes.

We'll agree to disagree. I genuinely hope every single resident of and visitor to Green Bay is over the moon happy. It's just not for me and that's OK. 

You've just proven you have the outdoor prowess of a toaster.

Green Bay probably isn't the place for you, that's fine, but you're opinion about it is also pretty useless.

The Fox Valley is the best area to live in the state, you get some "up north" Wisconsin charm while also having actual legitimate restaurants, shopping and entertainment. It's the kind of place hybrid people who don't want to live in the boonies but can't stand city life thrive.

Not surprising at all that opposing players don't like staying in a 3* hotel on a 10 degree night in Appleton. Our visitors locker room is also **** and the tunnel to the field is wide enough for one player to fit through at a time. Good...it shouldn't be comfortable to play on the road. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cousin Eddie said:

https://realestate.usnews.com/places/rankings/best-places-to-live

Green Bay ranked 3rd best place to live in the US for 2022-2023. Can't be that much of a "crap hole".

I've lived in both GB and Appleton, now live about half way between. GB has a lot of opportunities to be active if you look. Great sports, great food, great people. 

This list and lists like it really aren't the ideal measurement for how great or not great a place to live is. Yes, it can be a starting point but there's a lot that's missed. In this case, it's limited to solely the top 150 metro areas which leaves a good chunk of the country unaccounted for. Judging solely by metro areas  leave to a lot of missed hidden gems of areas when one village/town/city in one part of the metro area may be really ideal but then is impacted by bad scoring from a different part of the same metro area that's 20-30 miles away.

Plus, each lists methodology varies widely. For example, that US News list is the only one that I've seen where GB is even on the list. Whereas this one has Madison # 1 - https://livability.com/best-places/2022-top-100-best-places-to-live-in-the-us/, Madison #15 - https://www.travelandleisure.com/trip-ideas/best-places-to-live-in-the-us, and Madison #40 https://money.com/best-places-to-live/.

No other Wisconsin city cracks those lists. 

55 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You've just proven you have the outdoor prowess of a toaster.

Green Bay probably isn't the place for you, that's fine, but you're opinion about it is also pretty useless.

The Fox Valley is the best area to live in the state, you get some "up north" Wisconsin charm while also having actual legitimate restaurants, shopping and entertainment. It's the kind of place hybrid people who don't want to live in the boonies but can't stand city life thrive.

Not surprising at all that opposing players don't like staying in a 3* hotel on a 10 degree night in Appleton. Our visitors locker room is also **** and the tunnel to the field is wide enough for one player to fit through at a time. Good...it shouldn't be comfortable to play on the road. 

I think it depends on what your access is to Lake Michigan. I grew up in the Delavan Lake/Lake Geneva area and have since lived in the Milwaukee area, usually within ~5 miles from Lake Michigan. IMO, it was a lot easier to find things to do on the water with the inland lakes vs. Lake Michigan. Though I do a lot more hiking around Lake Michigan than I did the inland lakes.

1 hour ago, Striker said:

I think it depends on what your access is to Lake Michigan. I grew up in the Delavan Lake/Lake Geneva area and have since lived in the Milwaukee area, usually within ~5 miles from Lake Michigan. IMO, it was a lot easier to find things to do on the water with the inland lakes vs. Lake Michigan. Though I do a lot more hiking around Lake Michigan than I did the inland lakes.

If you're an outdoorsman the only time a lake is useless is when the ice is thin and dangerous. Maybe 2-3 weeks of the year. For someone to call Green Bay useless 9 months of the year just shows that he's clueless.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Ughhh the concrete jungle.  No green space. Air polution overcrowding.  Traffic jams.  No thanks man.  

I live in a huge, green valley. I have none of those things.

Don't judge the place you've never been.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If you're an outdoorsman the only time a lake is useless is when the ice is thin and dangerous. Maybe 2-3 weeks of the year. For someone to call Green Bay useless 9 months of the year just shows that he's clueless.

Enlighten me. What can you do in Lake Michigan without a boat? What can you do in Lake Michigan with a boat other than fish(and you cant/shouldn't even eat the fish) and be in a boat? 

• Like 1